Zur Info (my 2 cents: Ein Veranstalter sollte wenigstens die Namen seiner Teilnehmer kennen und auch richtig schreiben können
We are very proud, once again, to run the 2019 Lüderitz Speed Challenge in Namibia. LSC is the premier speed sailing event in the World of Windsurfing and Kitesurfing. The Event is endorsed by the World Sailing Speed Record Council (WSSRC).
Since the first Event in 2007, all the famous names in Speed Windsurfing and Kitesurfing, achieved their official national and world records.
The specially designed 1000m long man made channel has produced top performances from Windsurfing and Kitesurfing legends like Antoine Albeau(World record speed at 53,27knots 98,66km/h on 500m average) and Kitesurfing legend Sebastien Cattalan with 55,49knots, 102,77km/h and Zara Davis with the World Speed Record in Windsurfing with 46,49knots, 86,10km/h.
In 2019 their will be again big names from the international sailing grounds like:
- Björn Dunkerbeck - 42 Times World Windsurfing Champion
- Twan Verseput - 2 Times World Speed Champion
- Vincent Valkenaers - National Belgium Speed Record Holder and Nautical Mile Record Holder
- Erick Beale - First to sail faster then 40knots
- Gunnar Asmussen - German Speed Record Holder
- Andrea Chucchi - Italien Windsurfing legend and 14x National Champion and 2 World Titels
- Miriam Rasmussen - Norwegian Record Holder
- Heidi Ulrich - Nautical Mile Record Holder
- Karo van Tonder - African Speed Record Holder