iQFoil Klasse

• Dies ist ein spezieller thread, ich bitte um seriöse beiträge, lieber nochmal drüberlesen und dann erst senden

wir haben uns zunächst unter den mods abgestimmt, und ich habe auch die Zustimmung zur Veröffentlichung eingeholt.

hier geht es darum dass in der neugründeten iQFoil Klasse ein Streit ausbricht der ganz neue Dimensionen zeigt.

bereits vor der Wahl wurde heftig lobbyiert, erstaunlicherweise gezt das nach der wahl weiter. eine Gruppe um Dorian van Rijsselberghe ist bei der Wahl unterlegen und will dies scheinbar nicht zu kenntnis nehmen. Offenbar wurde eine zweites AGM abgehalten.

aktuell geht es darum die Startegie des Weltsegelvernades World Sailing bei dessen AGM abzustimmen.

Ich finde das extrem kontarproduktiv und für die Klasse und das Windsurfen insgesamt ausserordentlich negativ

hier das email von Ansis Dale dem mmn gewählten Präsidenten an World Sailing

Subject: World Sailing Council Meeting – iQFOil Class Application

Following a democratic election process the iQFOiL Executive Committee was presented at the Inaugural General Meeting of the iQFOiL Class held on the 17th of October.

37 countries out of the 46 eligible full members participated and voted, with the following results:

Ansis Dale (LAT) elected as the Chairman;

Peina Chen (CHN)

Koray Ezer (OMA)

Paweł Kowalski (POL)

Helene Noesmoen (FRA)

João Rodrigues (POR)

Flavia Tartaglini (ITA)

Loran Utasy (HUN)

elected as the Executive Committee.

After an unsuccessful campaign for Chairman of the iQFOiL Class, Dorian van Rijsselberghe stood to an alternative election and announced in his letter that he was unchallenged for the Chairman position and that he had support of the Class Manager and Starboard, the equipment manufacturer.

This alternative meeting and election, which was announced with only one week’s notice, was attended almost entirely by the class members, who had voted for Mr. van Rijsselberghe in the legitimate election.

Democracy is all about respecting the outcome of a vote. Even if that outcome was not in your favour.

Svein Rasmussen (Starboard Founder), Antonio Cozzolino and Gonzalo Costa Hoevel, submitters of the alternative class application, which was followed by an alternative election organised by Antonio Cozzolino, did not respect the will of 46 iQFOiL Class members.

The Equipment Committee has made their recommendation for this alternative application. Regulation requirements for the application supported by the majority of members were not questioned, however, after voting for their recommendation for the alternative application the Equipment Committee decided not to take a vote on the democratically supported application. It was an arbitrary decision based on the concept of independence, not Regulation requirements.

It should be noted that there is no requirement in WS’s policy for an Olympic class to be independent from an association. Instead, we can point at various examples within the Olympic selections.

I argue the class should foremost be independent from the manufacturer.

The submitters of the class application supported by vote of the class members have reached out to the alternative group to reach an agreement, but without success. I believe an agreement is still possible.

Defending democracy and the will of voters from countries across the globe is in your hands.

I ask for your support to defer or reject the alternative class application and let both sides reach an agreement for the good of the sport of windsurfing.

Best regards,

Ansis Dale, Chairman - iQFoil class

• User698

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Rijsselberghe“ zu „iQFoil Klasse“ geändert.
  • "I ask for your support to defer or reject the alternative class application "

No, I support Dorian and the group around Svein R., Antonio Cozzolino and Gonzalo Costa Hoevel and see him as for our sport better Chairman of the iQFOiL Class.

• "I ask for your support to defer or reject the alternative class application "

No, I support Dorian and the group around Svein R., Antonio Cozzolino and Gonzalo Costa Hoevel and see him as for our sport better Chairman of the iQFOiL Class.

Do you have the full communication from them?

i personally stand somewhere in the middle.

IWA needs to be improved imho, but i think thats possible.

going away from all structures and depend only on one producer is not in favour of an olympic class. an olympic class has to be available to as many competitors as possible, this beeing understood in a wider frame than only the investment.

I would prefer the obvious emotion of experts like Gonzalo intergated in existing structures, improving and changing them with the focus on a widely available and affordable class.

burning bridges maybe sometimes ok if you are responsible for yourself, but not if you are responsible for a lot of people worldwide, living in extremely different societies.

I fully understand that people from "sailing countries" have a different focus than many other, smaller countries. Coming from Austria we alwasy have to learn that lesson regarding wintersport - noone understands why curling gets more olympic TV time than alpine skiing ;)

that regarding the two parties / policies

whats also "less than optimal" is the "voting" procedure. there was not the same group invite to vote for the two different meetings, i cant and dont want to go too much in detail regarding that

• We all know, that I have a problematic view on Olympia - not for the sport, but for the corrupt and unethical system over the last decades (without any remorse of the leading figures).

No - if I have to choose between them and worldclass sportles like Dorian, Antonio and Gonzalo - I know, which side I prefer.

Everytime a politician from an autoritorian country or undemocratic and corrupt sport society (like IOC, FIFA et cet.) crys "Democracy is all about respecting the outcome of a vote. Even if that outcome was not in your favour. " - than I must laugh very hard. "Why nobody thinks about the children"

• yes - I'm ignoring them completely since the last 2 decades.

But I was really very hopeful, that with iQFoil something new, good could arise from this sump. With all these great athletes in the leading positions - helping Windsurfing to gain visibilty again.

But after these news today?

• :-) macht nichts.

In Kurzform: es geht um Machtpolitik, Posten und Geld - so wie bei Games of Thrones - nur ohne den Sex.

• :-) macht nichts.

In Kurzform: es geht um Machtpolitik, Posten und Geld - so wie bei Games of Thrones - nur ohne den Sex.

Das macht es dann irgendwie langweilig oder? ;)

Ansonsten eine schwierige Geschichte das von aussen zu beurteilen. Eine gesunde Mischung aus Aktiven und Funktionären halte ich in vielen Fällen für ideal. Es braucht eben Leute, die sich für die Sache einsetzen aber einen gewissen Abstand haben. Wer zu dicht dran steht hat oft nicht den nötigen Überblick über die Gesamtsituation, das ist im Sport wie in der Wirtschaft.