Fahrerkarussell 2009

• Gonzalo Costa Hoevel zu MauiSails...

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• wer iss dat denn :confused: :p

Mann, mann, mann, ist für MauiSails verantwortlich und kennt nicht mal deren Fahrer... :rolleyes:

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Gonzalo Costa Hoevel zu MauiSails...

Hier ein Interview mit Gonzalo Costa Hoevel.

Why did you decide to sign with Maui Sails ?

I was approached by Phil at Sylt PWA. He showed a lot of interest on me to start racing for Maui Sails in Slalom and Formula. At Neilpryde I was one more of the team and here I have more “protagonist” What most attracted me to join Maui Sails was the possibility of working together with such important characters in the windsurfing world. I think both Phil and Barry can offer me a lot to improve on my windsurfing career and to achieve my goals.

Did you decide to stop with NeilPryde or the brand wanted to stop your collaboration ?

When I was in Brazil at the end of November racing I got an offer from them to continue for ’09. As I needed to finish a couple of events still and I wanted a better budget for 09, I told them that we should talk within two weeks. After those two weeks they told me that they could not offer me what I expected so I started to look for other options. As Maui Sails had shown a good interest and I knew NP could not offer me what I expected, I knew going to Maui Sails would be my best option. At that point I contact NP to tell them that most probably I would move on to Maui and they told me that they actually couldn’t keep the offer they had made me 2 weeks before. So it was then that I was free to join MS.

What is your best souvenir (remember) after this long cooperation with NeilPryde ?

Being part of such a big company and such a team with big names as Antoine was a great honor for me, and probably that’s one of the reasons I end up where I am now.

Last summer, you change for Exocet and now for Maui Sails, what do you think about the combination of both in slalom and Formula disciplines ?

Switching to Exocet was extremely good for me. I end up with great boards for 09 in both disciplines and the support of the brand is unreal. I kept my level in Formula and increase my chances on the slalom field with the Black Machines. With Maui Sails I see a similar change. I think the sails mach my style more than the NP. Being 82 kgs and knowing that the MS are more forgiving and not for such horses I will probably improve my performance in slalom. I think the combo will be really good!

What is your opinion about various big transfers we saw this season ? Is it a new era for professional windsurfing ?

I see that many guys changed for good and some others had to change. It will be interested to see what happens with the big transfers, to see who suffers and who gains. At the end of the day most of the top riders get to tune and develop the gear so maybe they will sacrifice a year but they will come back strong the following. I think we are getting close to a point that the younger guys are stepping inn. We saw that already on the wave scenes with Kauli, Victor, Jonas, Klass, BRausinho, etc. I think that in slalom Ross, Cyril, Ben, Arnon, the Mous bro’s and some other are showing that the young’s are coming in slalom too…and when this guys start getting podiums and more support from the brands…THEN it will be really a new Era.

What are your goals for 2009 season ?

For 09 I want to keep my 1st place in the formula world rankings. I want to win the formula worlds in Spain. In slalom my goal is to finish top 7 in the PWA ranks.

What are your plans for next weeks, next months ?

I am actually racing in Miami right now. On Wednesday I go to Maui for two months to tune all my slalom gear. End of march I have the south Americans champs back home and then off to Europe..

interview from windsurfjournal.com

• In der Tat...

• Ich glaube jetzt wo viele große Firmen ihre Teams verkleinern ist es relativ günstig gewesen. Letztes Jahr hätte Severne bestimmt mehr Geld hinlegen müssen.

• JAGGI Zu Severne,

North rennen die fahrer weg

Steht doch oben schon.

Ob sie wegrennen, weiß ich nicht sicher. Aber ich denke North ist es so oder so ganz recht, denn es muß dringend gespart werden.
    Ich frage mich nur, wofür noch das Warp...?... Jetzt sind es nur noch 3 internationale Teamfahrer Slalom, oder nicht? Ob Patrik soviel Zeit hat zum Slalomfahren sei auch mal dahin gestellt...

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Und hier das erste Pic Dunki mit einem RDM, scheint zu funktionieren... :D
    Location Fuerte, das Segel ist ein Severne Blade, das Board ein Proof Rip-Line, der Wagen ein VW T5... ;)

Dateien

• Fuerte-1.jpg

(122,63 kB, 53 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.