Posts by Bellerophon

The difference beiing that the guys doing the polishing there are not the same as the guys doiing the sailing…Guess for most of us -mere mortals- larger gains are to be made spending the hours of polishing in TOW…

(Der Unterschied besteht darin, dass die Jungs, die dort polieren, nicht die gleichen sind wie die Jungs, die das Segeln machen ... Für die meisten von uns - Normalsterblichen - sind größere Gewinne zu erzielen, wenn sie die Stunden des Polierens im TOW verbringen ...google translate)

- what is your weight ? A heavier person (90 kg+) will have less problems controlling your combo than a 65 kg rider …

- is your stab the 255 “normal” or the “-2” : the normal with a -1 shim will indeed be difficult to controll if you are not heavy enough. Better to use the 255-2 (thin)

- IQ 95 carbon mast is definitly easier to controll if you use a + fuselage

Das ist ein in sich selbstständig regelndes System. Ggf. könnte man auch eine Regelung wie bei den Motten installieren - dazu kommt dann ein Höhenruder an die hinteren Foils - mit einem Gestänge betätigt. Was sind die vor dieser Erfindung rumgetaucht - seit es diese Regelstange gibt laufen die ohne Zutun sauber in gleichmäßiger Höhe......soweit meine Vorstellung davon...

I have my doubts on the “efficiency” of this self adjusting system (called “magic wand”) after watching this :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

( The last reply in the comments explains why these boats are vulnerable in choppy conditions...)

Guess, for the moment at least, we better stick to human controll...😅😅😅

No problem using either RB 7,8 (or 9,2, 6,3, 5,6, 5,0) or SB 6,8 (2015) and SB6,3 (2019) on North masts over here.

Maybe try a little bit more downhaul tension (+2 or +4 cm )

Hi, the my of the 430 is 2010 and the 460 is 2012. Is it possible, that there are different shapes to the actual Serie?

Sorry, I wouldn’t know about different shapes.

The 3 North masts I’m using for the moment (SDM 490, RDM 430 and RDM 400j function without problems on my Loft sails. I even sold my Loft team edition SDM490 because I couldn’t find a (reasonable) difference between it and te North SDM490.

In my expirience, whenever I have bad cam rotation it’s because of not enough downhaul.

Good luck 🤙