Angulo Boards 2009

• Es gibt auf der Angulo-Webseite bereits Bilder der 2009er Boards. Beschreibungen und Größen folgen demnächst.

Interessant finde ich, dass Jean Bouldoires, ehemaliger AHD-Shaper, eine Slalomlinie, genannt Magnum, gehobelt hat. Schauen auf jeden Fall ungewöhnlich aus.

Zitat von Josh Angulo

Howzit Guys, I can say I'm extremely excited and motivated about the Magnum's. Last year I got to test the Starboards, Mistrals, JP's, Fanatics and Tabous and chose the Tabous to compete on and as much as I stick by that decision, its quite clear that the Starboards as well as the Tabous were the top performing boards. The Tabous had a but more top end speed and the Starboards had an easier ride over the course. In saying that we knew we needed to be better than those boards as we expect them to improve their r and d as well, so we needed to be much better than those boards.

The Magnum's : The Magnums were actually born some years back, These are designs that jean Bouldoires has been working on for quite some time and from what I understand the RTA ( reduced tail area) has already been integrated by Jean into the RS-X olympic designs. What we found with the RTA is that it is a much more consistent elimination of wet surface area that is not just a big hack out of the tail of your board, better known on todays market as " cutaways". We found that the current " cutaway " trend , yes it did eliminate wet surface and allowed the wider board that smaller board feeling but also made the boards "lift" in a more uncontrolled fashion. The RTA of the magnums allows for such a clean release of water that the boards have no out of control or weird lift sensation. Of course Jean was meticulous with his bottom shape and he has a technique to achieve a " shape control" that I haven't seen used by other shapers. This allowed us to make the smalest changes in our prototypes and know exactly why and where the changes were being made. Our bottom shape sits the board low on the water, yet with a slippery feeling that feels like you can keep pushing harder and faster. The RNA ( reduced Nose area) came about from wanting to accomplish 2 things. A. We wanted to keep a longer board to have a more extended waterline which gets you easier on a plane as well as glides through the holes better . B. WE didn't want to have a lot of swing weight way up there or a big nose that was going to get lifted by the wind.. thus with the RNA we accomplished what we set out to do. Finally 2 more points that pushed me over the edge to come on the market with what I am confident will be the surprise board of the year is it's perfect foam distribution which makes for a very balanced ride when you are just standing on the board and the easy rails which give the boards such good grip in and out of the jibes.

We have made a very limited line of these. They will be PWA registered and I am basically looking for International Opinion leaders and we will do our best to get you a board wherever you are in the world. PS. Every board is CNC shaped to exact specs at the Cobra CNC department, guaranteeing precise measurments and built in the highest level of Carbon construction available today. Interested sailors can contact me at rideangulo@ol.com
    Thanks alot,
    Josh

• Die Shapes kann ich noch verkraften, aber den "Jesus loves you" Dekoraufkleber find ich selten dämlich.

Finde beide ziemlich bescheuert :rolleyes:
    Jesus loves you ist nicht nur überflüssig, sondern auch unstylisch(falls an den StyleFaktor gedacht wurde)

• Der ist mir noch gar nicht aufgefallen. Den Fisch davor kenne ich, ist doch von irgendeiner Freikirche oder?

Auf jeden Fall ein Detail das man schnell mit einer kleinen weißen Spraydose aus der Welt schaffen kann...

• ....Den Fisch davor kenne ich, ist doch von irgendeiner Freikirche oder?

Moin Kris,

ne das ist ein I-Ch-Th-Y-S Symbol und dient heute allgemein als Erkennungs-Zeichen unter Christen. Was das aber auf einem Board zu suchen hat weiß ich auch nicht.

Dei Ecken im vorderen Teil hatte Jean Bouldoires doch auch schon bei AHD. Haben sich aber auch da schon nicht durchgesetzt.

Viele Grüße

Michael

• Absolutes No Go, die Kirche ist ja mindestens genauso umstritten und spaltet wie ich... :rolleyes: :D

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.