Beiträge von Dennis b

Hi Peter,

I will answer your question, just so that there wont be any false rumors floating around.
    The mutual decision to move the distribution of Point-7 back to Italy, was made based on a difference business models and target groups. Choppy water has a very established business working with water sports stations with their BIC sports products. The transfer to take on a brand as Point-7 which is aimed towards the actual end-client, proved itself not to be compatible for Choppy and thus we move the distribution back to Italy. The transfer will have very little, if any effect at all for the end client. Only the origin of the warehouse will have changed.
    As mentioned earlier there will be a small group of dealers in Germany, as well as the online store found on the Point-7 site will also be operational and managed by Italy.

Regards

Dennis

From December the 1st the distribution rights of Point-7 products will go back to SX-3 in Italy who also used to manage the market before the initiation with Choppy Water.
    The format will be the same as 3 years ago with a limited number of exclusive dealers. These dealers we guarantee will all supply first class service and have in depth knowledge of our products in order to guide the clients best possible. The price level of Point-7 in Germany will match the one of Italy and the rest of Europe. For any further information, you can always check our website for dealer updates as well contact us on info@point-7.com should you have any queries.

Dennis / P7 int.

I think Wolfgang is correct, but of course depending on which course you are sailing
    However downwind i also extend and stiffen my lefts to bring as much force from the sail, boom and harness lines down into the board and push it forward. Arms are also expended
    I certainly dont want to hang like a lump of meat under my harness lines. The power must be extended into the direction in which i am sailing..

Hi David,

You don't get more inside than myself, when its in regards to P7.
    I guess the next will be that we have taken over the factory in China where we build our booms, the production plant where we build our sails, the factory who produces the carbon for our masts.. C'mon people seriously..
    you are trying to build up a story where there is none. Challenger sails, is challenger sails and it run, managed and operated 100% by the people who have been behind the brand from day 1.
    We from Point-7 are not involved with or have in anyway taken over the brand, so let that be clear.
    There is no conspiracy to be found..

Well Andrea speaks international English, as he likes to call it.
    You talk no English at all, as i can confirm.. Wonder who was kissing who in the closet.. :)

Back to topic,
    Anyone know anything about the 2012 sails coming?

Thorsten, again you are out fishing.
    Didn't Andrea write it clearly enough to you the other day. There is a coop, yes as everyone know we use the loft for our prototypes and handcrafted sails. However the companies are two different entities. Which means one company doesn't own or manage the other. They are both singular companies.
    If you need me to draw it on a piece of paper for you to understand it, just let me know!

Dennis

and how stiff can this patch be?
    i would think it bends the whole sail body/battens when it gets loaded with wind. Not sure it has a actual positive effect on the performance of the sail.

Point-7 and Challenger are two separate and independent companies. Point-7 uses the Challenger loft for their sail development and proto typing.
    If anyone think that P7 has taken over Challenger, they have misunderstood something quite severely. No such thing has been stated or said by Cucchi or anyone else within our company.

regards

Dennis Boisen / Point-7 international.

http://vimeo.com/15687924 check the video for instruction to check the cam pressure.
    If the cambers are too loose, then the final bit of rotation can be too soft and you need to put your hand on the sail. If the pressure is just right, then with a pull in the sail the rotation should be full. (you need wind!)
    With the correct cam pressure on cam 1 and 2 from the top also the profile in the sail will become deeper and give the sail more power and stability.
    The position of the tack strap is perfect in line with the base of the sail. So as you had it positioned earlier around your mast base it fine. The strap closes the base of the sail, so this section cannot swing out and open up for the wind. This is the base of the sail, and a location where we want to have a lot of power. so when blocking this section with the tack strap we can generate more power in a wider wind range.
    Loose leech you need to pull to the logo or just past it.
    Depending on your mast, you need to pull more or less downhaul to achieve this.

Cheers

Dennis

if there is sand in the mast, there is one way which always work.

#1: 2 people are needed,
    #2: one at either end of the mast
    #3: start to swing the mast up and down (the middle of the mast must start to swing up and down)
    #4: turn the mast several times and repeat #3
    This motion will crush any sand trapped in the mast connection and enable you to take the mast apart afterwards.

Dennis

I have only tried 2 of the slalom boards thus far. Very little difference between the 110 and the 100. The 110 has more volume, but i think for lighter guys who dont go with big sails like the 8.6 the 100 is big enough and very agile. Easy to jibe and really fast

PD 100L, with my trusted 7.2 as the set for south wind on Garda. Light or strong wind.. The gear gets used.
    I use a 34 Hurricane SS m, and the mast track quite far back to let the board loose also in light wind.. The plates i tried to have in to start with, but felt the board was too sticky on the water, so out they went. Been playing with the position of the mast track and keep finding the fastest position back about 3cm from the middle of the track. The foot straps i use forward both front and back, as i use the board also in light wind so to have more power..
    Really like the feeling of the board. Its hard and cuts well through chop.. on downwind its flying and easy to control, which i think is very important. Speed with traction ;)