Beiträge von Dennis b

Imac is now starting to produce all their masts without the metal brace, exactly for the reasons above mentioned. But also because it can happen that the metal brace which holds the ferule can tilt in the mast so that the top section doesnt sit straight on the base..

The metal cap is being used to mount the ferule which is the rod that goes into the top section of mast.
    The metal cap is pressed down onto the mast and like that it makes a tight fit for the ferule.
    I have seen this kind of breakage before, but not really on RDM masts, which primarily gets used with wave or small freeride sails. But as everything the material only holds so long and then it needs replacing..
    Some mast production companies are now leaving this form of system and uses a ferule which sits directly in the mast, without the metal brace.
    The ferule is then resting against a chest inside of the bottom mast section and cannot slide or twist. So far this system looks to be holding very well.

Mojn Gerd,

Not a member of the club, but i know most of the people there...
    Used to start from Al-cor, but then i left the campsite and found Conca a lot better place to launch. Wind comes earlier when its from South and can be super flat for a bit before it gets choppy. In the mornings its possible to go out by Northwind and not have to swim to get back on land...
    Not sure which board I'll be using, but I can say pretty safe that i will be using a black sail :)

See you on the water

Dennnis

Hi Bernd,

One design, one colour option,
    Dont forget to cast your vote on our website. We close for votes next Wednesday so the sails can get produced and be ready for the summer

regards
    Dennis

Santoni is a very nice hotel...
    i would say shaka surf centre is better positioned than the schools in central torbole
    might be 5 min to get there by foot, but better windsurfing and learning
    wind comes earlier from south and then the water is flat
    also in the morning when there is northwind the wind is better...
    just mo own opinion of what i think is best

contact a surf school, and ask for them to arrange a hotel. they can offer you packages and better rates. Shaka surf centre for instance,

is it not possible to go to the tr@ns.it parking behind or next to Al-cor camping then...
    Tr@ns.it - Via Sarca Vecchio 3 - prima del baby golf - Info 0464.548268 / 54 9893
    good walking distance, even after a heavy night out... Al-cor is good, but you need to be quiet as a mouse at night

Super sunny here this morning and good Northwind!!
    Water is cold as f*** so i leave the windsurfing to the crazies.. ;)
    See you down here

Dont save money on buying a cheap extension.
    The sail you want to use the extension with, holds a lot of tension so a cheap extension could bend or worst case scenario break. Streamlined is great, so is the NP X6 or the P7 extension.
    Also using a good extension in many cases makes it easier to downhaul the sail, especially if used with marlow formuline

Dennis