size luff boom mast ext weight
    5.6 418 176/178 400 RDM 20
    6.3 441 188/191 430 SDM 13 5.10
    7.0 456 204/207 430 SDM 28 5.50
    7.7 472 217/220 460 SDM 14 5.80
    8.4 494 229/232 490 SDM 6 5.95
    9.0 510 240/244 490 SDM 22 6.35
    9.6 525 251/255 520 SDM 7

As for Formula, then we didnt have time to do them for this year. We want to revisit this for next year and make some new designs.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately there are no specifications for the 2016 sails on the Avanti Homepage - do you know, when these data will be set on your old or the new homepage? Thank you very much Boris

Most should be in the look book the rest will be online shortly with the new website

Guys

Avanti is alive and well,
    True after the exit of Maynard things have been going slow online in terms of website update etc.
    We wanted and still want to refresh the look and image of Avanti which entices various changes such as the new look of our membranes and also a new website to be launched shortly.
    Restructuring takes time but we are soon where we want to be.
    Sails are supplied to our various distributors in Europe and more are coming in over the next week's.

See you on the water
    Dennis

Hi

Depends,
    The 2015 model is very good as you read in the test, however the larger sizes above 7.6 needed more profile and more power for the lighter days.
    We didnt have this request in the smaller sizes.
    For 2016 we added a 5.2 to the range as a high wind sail.
    All sizes have more profile in the bottom batten this and the larger sizes have more rotational material as well giving a fuller body towards the front of the sail.
    With the membrane you will always have a lot of range up as there is no distorsion of the sail shape as the membrane material doesnt stretch like a monofilm.

However power is also very based on trim and tuning of the sail, as with any sail model, make

Less outhaul more power
    More outhaul less power

Dennis

POWERIDE ME 6.62015 model- test by Planchemag. (translated to english from french)

POWERIDE ME 6.6
    This Poweride ME is built using the membrane technology, in one panel with fibers of Technora on all the profile placed on the sail in the zones of effort. The look of the sail is exclusive and the weight also is really light. We found reinforcement on all the sail and a small window for visibility.
    On the Water,
    Extremely light and with a really easy accessibility (a leader on the market) this 6.6 tested with a RDM mast 430 catch really quickly the wind despite the thin profile.
    Acceleration is explosive in favor of a locked profile direct and very stable. The sensation of lightness and great delicacy came in first. We can sail hours without getting tired and with extremely high performances for a sail without cams and with only six battens.
    All the testers were unanimous with the lightness the stability and it's ease to go fast without physical efforts. The RDM mast give more delicacy a bit of softness on the front hand inside the chops and in the gusts. In the strong wind the sail is perfect and it is really easy to stabilize the sail on the board. The only negative point is the small visibility inside the mono-film window. It's a problem while jibing when people are windsurfing around. The rotation of the profile is very soft in the jibe and with a minimum of weight to destabilize the windsurfer. We still have no feedback about the solidity and aging of the materials. The more testers were light the more they appreciated the ratio weight/power.
    VERDICT
    A really nice discovery. Firstly for the new technology used (membrane) and the insurance that gave the "technora" fibers who give an impression of solidity. Then the sail charmed the testers with the performances, it's high range of use and its weight. A high quality sail with high price.
    + Weight, construction, range, stability, performances, delicacy
    - Visibility when jibing

Hi Craig,

I'm reading this thread,
    Firstly I dont think this would have needed to be in a public forum, but it is..

I would be interest in knowing why new rules were even implemented and made public only at the very last minute?

Patrik has been using his plate system for ages. It is something all brands have been able to do, should they have wanted to and thought it to be beneficial.
    My assumption is no other brand is using the system because they haven't seen the benefit. Hence it is equally difficult to understand why anyone would go against the system??

Is this a behaviour we can also expect from the PWA in the future; last minute rules being implemented without consulting the various PWA member brands?
    Is there no guidelines in regard how long it takes for a new rule to be implemented?

When the rules for racing gets discussed all riders gathers for a meeting. I would expect when equipment rules gets discussed all producers should be equally consulted.

I don't believe it is in the interest of the PWA or our sport should we start to limit the technologies we have at our disposal because of a rulebook.
    As long as the boards and sails are registered in the same way they go into production all should be allowed without limitation.

Cold, gray, rain and no wind on Garda :)

Thank you,

Dennis Boisen

Hi,

For now there is no distribution network in Germany, but something which we are working on.
    But if you are looking for Avanti Sails gear then I would advise to contact Kater.nl as they have a very good assortment of gear available and can also service German clients.

Dennis

The wrinkles in a sail are present because of tension or lack of tension in sail area.

Every sail has wrinkles in it. If not on land, then take a look at a sail on the water.. As soon as the mast starts bending, every part of a sail will be under tension and show wrinkles..
    You can avoid wrinkles by using soft stretching materials, but often these materials do not give you the response that you want/need from the rig. So using stiff materials which are more responsive will also result in more wrinkles quite often.

It is like with a woman, you cant have it all in one package there is always a compromise
    Ugly or not ;)

Sails look the same,
    only outline change is in the top section of the sail where the head of has been made a little smaller on the larger sails.

For Vincent to better in Germany will be difficult as he was already winning... but to maintain the results should be more than possible :)

Yes,

through 2011 to the 2013 series the masts changed. But lets say minimal.
    The curve remains the same constant curve with hardtop. The changes were made mainly in the top of the mast as part of fine tuning each mast length to the conditions in which it would be used. The 520 mast which is being used in large 9.3 sails ofcourse needs to meet other requirements than those we need in a 400 for a 5.6
    However that is not to say that if you have a older mast from 2008 that it will not work good in a 2014 sail. It will work just fine, but maybe you will miss a little top performance in light wind to get 100% output from the rig.
    I use an old 2010 mast that I have used for years always on my 7.2 and that works just fine for me.

Dennis