Hersteller Jahresrückblick? Constructors Ranking Analyse?

• If you think giving honest answers to questions about our brand is not acceptable, then I´m not sure what else I can do. I´ve been in this business long enough that I don´t feel my ego needs boosting at my age, I simply agreed to an interview during a Dealer Meeting/Test session. But many people in and outside of the industry have commented on the interview, found it open and interesting, you are entitled to your own opinion. The fact that Fanatic manages with a very small operational manpower to be one of the leading brands with positive figures for our shareholder, is only possible to dedicated people working behind the scenes with passion and committment. But of course, that is easy to over-look and can be put into the usual "all windsurfing companies have no clue and just produce a lot of crap" mentality that seems to be a little too often on this forum. Pretty sad feedback to the people working hard to improve the products, service and communication each year. Luckily there are plenty of customers who disagree and appreciate our work, otherwise we wouldn´t be around.

Your statement and also the video is something that is going into the direction I'm talking about.
    I'd like to see more like this doing some recap about the last season in terms of results and how the equipment showed up in general, not only in terms of selling numbers.
    The video starts this way, but in the end is more like a story telling.
    Don't get me wrong, this is also one of the important parts of PR like I wrote, but I would like to see some more self-critical statements, for shure, somebody has to ask the correct questions for that. ;o)
    For shure no company will stay in front of camera saying it was all bullshit what we have done the last five years and this is not what I mean I would like to hear and internal things which are confident, which guys think you're talking them out loud within a PR shoot like this!?
    Self-reflecting, honest answers, within a recapt and based on that an outlook what will be done next year to avoid things that happend over the season/year or to improve things based on the daily experience form the past.

What I wrote in the beginning of this thread is, that in my opinion PR with all its tools and espacially internet, videos and streaming is still not there, where it could be in windsurfing and a sports that claims itself beeing young, innovative and so on, should be more active overall within that, don't you think. Prove me wrong, but I have never seen a video like that or read an interview, but maybe I just don't know that there is or was one.

• Sure, as u say, the questions have to be asked first, then I can answer them? I did not prepare the questions actually, I answered them all once right away with no warning and the interview was conducted by a third party, not as pure PR for our company.

Indeed, self reflection, learning from mistakes and adapting to the changing market are all absolutely neccessary to survive as a company. Of course looking backwards it's easy to see the mistakes one makes, I think the trick is learning from them, to move forwards, but also having the confidance to risk certain new decisions, based on experience and intuition. Certainly never boring, which is why forums like this and many others I routinely check when I can, provide me with mostly good product and market feedback, essential for us to learn and improve.

• Ok, you can only speak for yourself or Fanatic.
    But, if you say that reflecting the last year and making new decisions based on that, experience and intuition is so important and done, so why not using that as a PR tool?
    Still think that Windsurfing is way behind other professional sports in terms of PR, internet usage, streaming, interviews, media presence.
    So what does it need to improve that from company, event organisers and professional athlete view? Yes, money at least, but I think that's not the only and killing argument, because the basics are there.

Sad to say, so many are whinig that this industrie has a hard time, but from my perspective with insights in social media, streaming and video technology, this industrie is not doing it right to improve media presence.
    There are way more options than just doing some riders interveiws after an event.