Ga Cosmic 7,7 oder Ga Hybrid 8,2

• Hallo liebe Surfgemeinde,

Möchte gern meine Segelpalette etwas optimieren und meine beiden großen Segel ( Ga Phantom 8,5/ Ga Cosmic 7,5) ersetzen.

Ich möchte keinen größeren Mast mehr als ein 460er haben und alles über meine Al360 160-220 fahren.

Deshalb habe ich 2 Segel zur Auswahl:

Entweder ein Ga Hybrid 8,2 oder ein Cosmic 7,7 (2 chamber)

Frage: Was ist in diesem Fall wichtiger, die reine Fläche oder das tiefere Profil durch die Chamber hinsichtlich Angleiten?

Mir wäre frühes Angleiten wichtig, weniger der Endspeed.

Das Board dazu wäre ein 135l Tabou Rocket und eine 46er MUF x Carbon…

Grüße Hendrik

• So you are having a phantom 8,5 and a cosmic 7,5 at the moment, these are freeride or even more freerace sails, aspecialy the phantom.

What about the 7,8 phantom as replacement?

But what do you prefere, easy and early planing in lightwind or top speed?

What is your weight?

Cosmic is a good sail, light, stabel with the 2 cams, easier to pump then the phantom.

Low end is cosmic better

Phantom you can hold in even stronger wind then the same size cosmic and is faster a bit.

Cosmic also perfect for foiling with 1 or 2cm less downhoul .

Hybrid, good light wind foilsail and lightwind on fin, but when wind picks up you loose sailstability and speed compared to the cosmic and phantom.

• If you have good pump thechniek the 7,7 cosmic will make you plane earlyer then then the 8,2 hybrid, and stay longer planing because of the 2cams.

Cosmic is faster then the hybrid also.

Size is not everething.

• I prefer easy and early planing in light winds.

My weight is 85kg…

If you have good pump thechniek the 7,7 cosmic will make you plane earlyer then then the 8,2 hybrid

That was also my thoughts…so the Cams are more important than the size…