[/td]

[/tr]

</tbody>[/TABLE]
    [/FONT]

[TABLE='width: 100%']
    <tbody>

[tr]

[td]

The seventh edition of the Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup, which runs between the 19th-24th September — sees a new title sponsor — netIP. — and after the opening two stops in the Canaries, it's time to return to Denmark.

Cold Hawaii, in recent years, has proven to be a pivotal point of the season,— with both Marcilio Browne (Goya Windsurfing / MFC) and Thomas Traversa (Tabou / GA Sails) — going on to win the world title after claiming victories here in 2013 and ’14.

Klitmøller itself is located in Northern Jutland, just ten kilometres southwest of Hanstholm. What once was a quaint little fishing village is now being heralded as one of the wave sailing gems of Europe. Its reputation is such that, Klitmøller, is now more commonly known as Cold Hawaii, due to the fact that it bares the brunt of the biggest storms in Northern Europe. Although this makes life incredibly tough for the fisherman, it is also the prime reason for Cold Hawaii’s growing reputation within the windsurfing, and surfing, world. From perfect stunt ramps to powerful, gnarly, waves Cold Hawaii provides the perfect platform for the world’s most radical sailors to showcase exactly what they are capable of.

Cold Hawaii

Ones to Watch

After the opening couple of events — Victor Fernandez (Fanatic / NorthSails / MFC / Shamal Sunglasses) — holds a comprehensive lead at the top of the rankings — particularly after his main rival — Philip Köster (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins) — has unfortunately been ruled out for the remainder of the season after sustaining a torn cruciate knee ligament injury while training in Western Australia. Fernandez has been in inspired form thus far and he has never finished outside the top 5 here.

Victor Fernandez

Fernandez’s main danger is now Alex Mussolini (RRD / RRD), who is back in the hunt for the world title having coming so close in 2013. Mussolini has made a strong start to the season with two 4th place finishes and he’ll be hoping to sustain the pressure on Fernandez with another big performance.

Alex Mussolini

2013 world champion — Marcilio Browne (Goya Windsurfing / MFC) — is also a major threat after the Brazilian rediscovered his best form in Tenerife. Second place in El Medano means the 27 year old enters the event in 4th place overall and he is prominently placed to make a bid for a second world title — particularly as he won this event in 2013 and has finished 3rd and 5th here since.

Marcilio Browne

Thomas Traversa (Tabou / GA Sails) is the only other sailor --besides Köster -- to have won in Cold Hawaii more than once with the Frenchman collecting the event title in 2012 and 2014 — making him a major player for the contest once more, but he’ll have his hands full if he wants to add to that with the likes of Jaeger Stone (Starboard / Severne / SWOX / Shamal Sunglasses), Robby Swift (JP / NeilPryde / Mystic / SWOX) — who finished joint 3rd here in 2014 with Leon Jamaer (JP / NeilPryde) — Dany Bruch (Starboard / Flight Sails / AL360 / Shamal Sunglasses), Ricardo Campello (Patrik / Point-7 / MFC) and Adam Lewis (Fanatic / NorthSails / SWOX) all ready for the third battle of the season.

Thomas Traversa

Also keep an eye out for Josep Pons (Simmer / Simmer), Leon Jamaer and Jules Denel (JP / NeilPryde), who complete the current top 10, while Alessio Stillrich (Fanatic / NorthSails), Antoine Martin (JP / NeilPryde / MFC) and Dieter Van der Eyken (Starboard / Severne) shouldn’t be too far away from the action.

Jules Denel

Conditions currently look quite unfavourable, but with Europe being so changeable anything can still happen. For all the latest news and developments from Cold Hawaii make sure you tune intowww.pwaworldtour.com between the 19th-24th September.

To see all the latest from the event — including the live stream, elimination ladders, entry list, images and live ticker simply click%3D255%26cHash%3Dc1ec1d60021b1ae115c5cb57a79923e9"]HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

[/td]

[/tr]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Ja, sieht nicht gut aus. Vielleicht wird es dafür ja mal wieder was auf Sylt, wäre doch mal was.

With high pressure dominating the start of the 2016 netIP Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup the opening day proved to be quite a relaxed affair with the sailors registering between 10am-11am, before rigging their equipment to ensure they are ready for the competition later in the week.

A beautiful start to the day

As has become tradition over the last 7 years the Mayor of Thisted Municipality — Lene Kjelgaard Jensen — officially declared the event open at 12:30pm and it is now a case of waiting for the wind and waves, which usually arrive at some point with Cold Hawaii holding a 100% record for the past 6 seasons.

Opening Ceremony

Outlook for the Event

Tomorrow also looks like a lay day, but Head Judge, Duncan Coombs, believes there is the possibility of competing on Wednesday in rare starboard tack down-the-line conditions, which could provide an interesting twist and possible some surprise results — if it happens. The local Danish forecast currently predicts winds of around 8 knots — meaning there is the potential for float and ride with a few more knots of breeze as an excellent long period swell is expected (0.4m at 14 seconds).

The weekend is also starting to look promising with a new low pressure arriving, which could provide a frantic last day showdown like we saw in 2014 with Sunday currently showing winds up to 28 knots accompanied by 2-metre waves.

Before the start of the main draw 12 sailors — listed below — will battle it out in the Qualifying Round for the remaining 4 spots.

Qualifying Round

Heat 1: Loick Lesauvage (Goya Windsurfing / Shamal Sunglasses) vs Gustav Haggstrom (RRD / RRD Sails) vs Amado Vrieswijk (JP / Severne Sails) vs Max Droege (Sailloft Hamburg)

Heat 2: Mads Bjørnå (Fanatic / Simmer) vs Julian Salmonn (Severne / Severne Sails) vs Sebastian Kornum (JP / NeilPryde) vs Alex Grand-Guillot (Fanatic / NorthSails)

Heat 3: Julien Taboulet (Goya Windsurfing / MFC) vs Markus Rydberg (Simmer / Simmer) vs Rasmus Oegelund (Patrik / Sailloft Hamburg) vs Julien Quentel (Patrik / Avanti)

*Winner of each heat progresses followed by 1 lucky loser, who will progress from a final heat consisting of the 2nd place finishers.

Local boy Kenneth Danielsen (Simmer) will be hoping to replicate his performance from last year, which saw the Dane finish 6th as he used all of his extensive local knowledge to his advantage to equal his best ever result with the 32 year old also finishing 6th here in 2011. Danielsen earlier added his view on the weather forecast: “To be honest I don’t think we’ll be able to compete on Wednesday as the wind looks very light and there’s no thermal effect to help top it up. However, things can change so quickly here, so hopefully we’ll be able to gain a result here for the 7th consecutive year.”

Kenneth Danielsen

Alessio Stillrich (Fanatic / NorthSails), currently sits in joint 13th place and will hoping for a big performance here — particularly after the 21 year old finished 2nd in last year’s Super Session and sounds like he’s well prepared coming into the event adding:“Conditions have been firing at home at the start of September with plenty of wind and waves. Plus it’s been really quiet on the water after summer, so I’m feeling pretty good.”

Alessio Stillrich

As previously mentioned the forecast for tomorrow looks as though the sailors will remain on hold for another day, but the skippers’ meeting will be held at 10am (GMT+1). In the event of the conditions not being suitable we’ll have interviews lined up on the PWA live stream, which you’ll be able to see by tuning intowww.pwaworldtour.com.

To see all the latest from the event — including the live stream, elimination ladders, entry list, images and live ticker simply click%3D255%26cHash%3Dc1ec1d60021b1ae115c5cb57a79923e9"]HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Auch heute kein Wind:

The second day of the netIP Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup proved to be a lay day for the main competition as expected with light winds and small waves.

Moody skies overlooking Klitmøller

During the afternoon a tow-in exhibition featuring — Amado Vrieswijk (JP / Severne), Dieter Van der Eyken (Starboard / Severne), Alessio Stillrich (Fanatic / NorthSails), Sebastian Kornum (JP / NeilPryde) and Rasmus Oegelund (Patrik / Sailloft Hamburg) was held to keep the crowds entertained.

Victor Fernandez (Fanatic / NorthSails / MFC / Shamal Sunglasses) currently leads the world tour having won both of the opening events and we caught up with the Spaniard for a quick interview, while the wait for wind and waves continue.

PWA: You’ve always had excellent results in Cold Hawaii… how does it feel to be back?

VF: “I´m always happy to be back on every event on tour and especially Klitmøller as I love the variety of the conditions that this spot can offer. I’ve had some good results here in the last years and I hope that we will get the conditions we need to be able to compete this week.”

PWA: Probably the question everyone is asking you… but last week saw your main rival for the title — Philip Köster (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins) ruled out with injury, which gives you a little bit more space at the top of the rankings — does that take the pressure off you slightly or…?

VF: “I feel good, I don’t put pressure on myself and I don’t like to think further ahead than my first heat here in Klitmøller as I have been in a similar position a few years back, so I´m just focusing on performing well at this event.

I´m very sorry for Philip as getting injured is every sailor's worst nightmare and I wish him the best recovery.”

PWA: Setup wise what does your quiver consist of for here?

VF: “I have 3.4m-5.8m sails and 75l Quad up to 90l plus my big Stubby and I’ll take the same quiver to Sylt, Germany and La Torche, France.”

Victor Fernandez and his quiver

PWA: Thanks, Victor, and good luck.

Meanwhile, Marcilio Browne (Goya Windsurfing / MFC), currently occupies 4th place in the overall rankings but is still recovering from a recent injury added: “I broke the first metatarsal about 4 and a half weeks ago. It’s still pretty sore, but I will take some painkillers when we compete and see how it goes. I did it trying a shifty on my first day back in Maui.”

Marcilio Browne

The forecast for tomorrow again looks like very light wind, but with a long period swell (0.4m at 14s) there is the possibility of running a SUP competition — in the event that the wind remains too light for float and ride. The sailors will meet again tomorrow morning at 10am (GMT+1) for the skippers’ meeting.

To stay up to date with all the latest developments from Cold Hawaii — including the live stream, elimination ladders, entry list, images and live ticker simply click %3D255%26cHash%3Dc1ec1d60021b1ae115c5cb57a79923e9"]HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Auch heute nichts:

The waves returned to Cold Hawaii on Day 3 to allow a SUP contest to be run during the afternoon with the long period swell hitting Klitmøller’s shores, but the main competition remained on hold again with extremely light winds continuing.

The SUP contest saw 9 sailors competing for a place in the final — Victor Fernandez (Fanatic / NorthSails / MFC / Shamal Sunglasses) and Pablo Ramirez (Patrik / Sailloft Hamburg) successfully advanced from the opening heat before Lars Petersen (JP / NeilPryde) and Moritz Mauch (Severne / Severne Sails / MFC) secured the last two places in the final.

The Final 4 - Lars Petersen, Pablo Ramirez, Moritz Mauch & Victor Fernandez (left to right)

Final

For the final, the heat duration was extended to 20 minutes to allow the competitors more time to wait for the sets. Mauch destroyed the final with a combination of carving roundhouses and slashy turns to claim a clear cut victory. The battle for 2nd and 3rd saw a close run fight between Petersen and Fernandez, but Petersen just edged the duel with his local knowledge proving pivotal, while Ramirez completed the top 4.

Moritz Mauch on form

The forecast for tomorrow shows moderate offshore winds for the morning, but with a smaller, shorter period swell running, which looks like it will be another tricky day to run any official competition. The sailors will meet again tomorrow morning at 10am (GMT+1) for the skippers’ meeting.

The sunsets on Day 3

To stay up to date with all the latest developments from Cold Hawaii — including the live stream, elimination ladders, entry list, images and live ticker simply click %3D255%26cHash%3Dc1ec1d60021b1ae115c5cb57a79923e9"]HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Result netIP Cold Hawaii SUP Contest

1st Moritz Mauch (Severne / Severne Sails / MFC)
    2nd Lars Petersen (JP / NeilPryde)
    3rd Victor Fernandez (Fanatic / NorthSails / MFC / Shamal Sunglasses)
    4th Pablo Ramirez (Patrik / Sailloft Hamburg)

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Auch heute kein Wind:

The waiting game continued on Day 4 of the 2016 netIP Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup with the small swell and light winds continuing. During the afternoon a fun SUP race was held, which saw Team France — Jules Denel (JP / NeilPryde), Antoine Martin (JP / NeilPryde / MFC), Morgan Noireaux (JP / Hot Sails Maui) and Alex Grand-Guillot (Fanatic / NorthSails) — came out on top.

SUP winners' - Morgan Noireaux, Antoine Martin, Alex Grand-Guillot and Jules Denel (left to right)

With the conditions refusing to play ball — up to now — we caught up with a few sailors to see what they get up to while waiting for the wind and waves:

Adam Lewis (Fanatic / NorthSails / SWOX): “Over the last few days I’ve been surfing and mountain biking, we’ve got quite a good crew so I’ve been out with - Flo [Jung], Robby [Swift] and there are some pretty good trails around Klitmøller. Fortunately, I’m staying with [Josep] Pons, so we’ve been doing some training with him over the last few days. The trick is to stay busy otherwise, it’s easy to become frustrated.”

Adam Lewis

Pablo Ramirez (Patrik / Sailloft Hamburg): “While waiting for the conditions we normally just prepare all the gear and everything for the contest, once all is ready we just spend time at the beach at the event playing ping pong or foosball, waiting till some expression session or something is run. Apart from that we just lay at home, there is always some email or something to work on, and then just watching movies is usually a great way to kill some hours…”

Pablo Ramirez

Leon Jamaer (JP / NeilPryde): “I kept busy with surfing and running the last few days. The weather has been perfect to enjoy the nature to the fullest around here.”

Leon Jamaer

Tomorrow is a new day and with it, it looks like a new cold front arrives bringing the possibility of starting the main draw. The forecast is currently predicting westerly winds of up to 20 knots and the conditions should improve throughout the day. With this in mind, the skippers’ meeting has been called for 8am tomorrow morning with the action commencing from 8:30am (GMT+1) — if conditions allow.

After a quiet start to the event tomorrow should provide some action on the water so make sure you tune intowww.pwaworldtour.com — here you’ll be able to follow all of the action as it happens via the PWA live stream.

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Gestern auch nix:

There was some hope that today would provide competable conditions with 20 knots of wind being predicted and for a while, the wind did arrive, but unfortunately the swell never built to a suitable level to allow the contest to begin.

Wildlife watching the action

Over the course of the day various sailors headed out onto the water to provide some action, but after spending another day on hold they were eventually released shortly before 7pm with the conditions failing to further improve.

Dieter Van der Eyken

As the event heads into its final 48 hours it is now a race against time to gain a result for the 7th successive year in Cold Hawaii, but realistically tomorrow may be the final opportunity as the forecast for Sunday is for extremely offshore winds — whereas tomorrow shows 13-18 knot winds from the southwest, which is a better direction for Klitmøller. However, the waves may once again prove to be the issue with just a 1 metre wind swell running.

The end of day 5

The sailors will meet again tomorrow morning at 10am for the skippers’ meeting with the action commencing from 10:30am (GMT+1) — if conditions allow.

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Tag 6 anbei, heute ist letzter Tag:

After five days on hold, the penultimate day of the 2016 netIP Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup finally provided a small window of competable conditions, which allowed the qualifying round to be completed during the afternoon.

Event headquarters

Qualifying Round

Loick Lesauvage (Goya Windsurfing / Shamal Sunglasses) was the standout sailor in the qualifying round and the 16 year old deservedly booked his place in the main draw after coming out on top against Amado Vrieswijk (JP / Severne), Gustav Haggstrom (RRD / RRD Sails) and Max Droege (Sailloft Hamburg).

Loick Lesauvage

Julian Salmonn (Severne / Severne) and Julien Quentel (Patrik / Avanti) advanced from the second and third heat, while local boy Mads Bjorna (Fanatic / Simmer) secured the remaining spot in the main draw after winning the repechage round.

Julien Quentel

There is still an outside chance of competing tomorrow with the forecast showing 15-24 knots and 1.5 metre waves, but it will all depend how offshore the wind is. Tomorrow will see a bright and early skippers’ meeting at 6:45am with the action commencing from 7:15am (GMT+1). Make sure you tune into www.pwaworldtour.comto follow all of the action live via the PWA live stream.

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Kam kein Wind mehr in DK:

Unfortunately, the conditions failed to materialise on the final day of the netIP Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup meaning it was not possible to gain an official result here in Denmark.

Head judge, Duncan Coombs, had set a 6.45am skippers meeting in the hope of some early action, but light offshore winds and small waves were below the standard required to start the competition.

Early morning skippers

By mid-morning the conditions were still unsuitable so the decision was made to hold a tow-in jump contest, which saw Dieter Van der Eyken (Starboard / Severne), Amado Vrieswijk (JP / Severne), Ricardo Campello (Patrik / Point-7 / MFC) and Robby Swift (JP / NeilPryde / Mystic / SWOX) providing the entertainment.

The offshore wind proved tricky for the competitors but eventually, it was Van der Eyken, who landed the best move as he spun through a massive one-handed burner 360 to claim a narrow victory over Campello.

Dieter Van der Eyken

After the prize giving at 2pm the sailors were released and they will meet again on the 30th September for the Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Grand Slam.

Tow-in Result:
    1st Dieter Van Der Eyken (Starboard / Severne)
    2nd Ricardo Campello (Patrik / Point 7 / MFC)
    3rd Amado Vrieswijk (JP / Severne)
    4th Robby Swift (JP / NeilPryde / Mystic / SWOX)

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Hi,

für Sylt schauts ja heftig momentan aus mit Wind!!! Laut vorhersage :)))))
    anders als in Klitmöller.

Moin , in Klitte siehts momentan lt Vorhersage noch besser aus als in Sylt für diese Woche , schade für die Pros ein Wöchelchen zu früh aber da steckt man nicht drin
    Denk mir mal die hätten auch lieber Fun gehabt als zu Suppen od Tow In durchzuführen

Lg jj

• No show in Dänemark:

<tbody>

[tr]

[td]

[FONT=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif]Denmark

[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]

[/td]

[/tr]

</tbody>[/TABLE]
    [/FONT]

<tbody>

[tr]

[td]

The Legacy of Cold Hawaii wrap-up video

Unfortunately, for the first time in history, it was not possible to gain an official result for the Cold Hawaii PWA World Cup — sponsored by netIP — with the wind and wave gods not quite aligning this time around.

Over that last 7 year’s Cold Hawaii has developed its reputation as one of Europe’s premier wave sailing locations and although this week may not have produced a result, it still produced plenty of fantastic moments and remains firmly on the windsurfing map.

Current World Tour leader Victor Fernandez still found room to manoeuvre

While waiting for the wind and waves, Moritz Mauch (Severne / Severne Sails / MFC), was able to claim victory in a fun SUP contest, while reigning freestyle world champion — Dieter Van der Eyken (Starboard / Severne) — stole the show in the tow-in on the final day.

Dieter Van der Eyken

For a small window on Saturday the wind and waves did pick up which allowed the trials to be completed, but unfortunately, conditions deteriorated before it was possible to start the main draw.

While offering world class windsurfing and surfing, Cold Hawaii also has so much more to offer with its tight-knit, family, community making it one of the most welcoming and friendly spots on the tour — with a real sense of togetherness. This combined with Cold Hawaii’s untouched, pristine nature means that it’s a great place to visit even on the rare occasion that the elements fail to play ball. The PWA would like to thank all those involved with the event.

The beautiful Cold Hawaii HQ

Where’s Next on the PWA World Tour?

The biggest event of the year is just a few days away with the Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA World Cup starting on Friday 30th September and running until the 9th October. Both the men’s and women’s wave fleets will be in action, while the men’s slalom and freestyle fleets will also be competing, with the latter being the title decider for the contortionists of the windsurfing world. Make sure you tune into www.pwaworldtour.com to follow all of the latest news and developments from what promises to be another fantastic event.

Current Ranking 2016 PWA Wave World Tour — Men’s

1st Victor Fernandez (Fanatic / NorthSails / MFC / Shamal Sunglasses)
    2nd Philip Köster (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins)
    3rd Alex Mussolini (RRD / RRD Sails)
    4th Marcilio Browne (Goya Windsurfing / MFC)
    5th Jaeger Stone (Starboard / Severne / Shamal Sunglasses)
    6th Thomas Traversa (Tabou / GA Sails)
    7th Robby Swift (JP / NeilPryde / Mystic / SWOX)
    8th Daniel Bruch (Starboard / Flight Sails / AL360 / Shamal Sunglasses)
    9th Adam Lewis (Fanatic / NorthSails / SWOX)
    10th Josep Pons (Simmer / Simmer)
    10th Leon Jamaer (JP / NeilPryde)
    10th Jules Denel (JP / NeilPryde)

[/td]

[/tr]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.