Beiträge von Julien_

Hello! A highly recommended firmware upgrade is now available. It fixes a few important bugs, adds Alpha 500, connection to your WiFi networks and more. Please tell your friends, thank you! Hardware was upgraded too with a new wireless charging system and a switch from uBlox M8 to M10. It's not a revolution, you don't need to change your 8 for a 10. It improves positional accuracy a little and battery life a lot (from 14h previously to 22h now for Minis on 3-GNSS+SBAS 5Hz, and soon 26h).

Don't change your Fenix for this. This drives me wild. Seeing people change their current watch for a Coros expecting it to be better because it was "approved" by GP3S. It's no better than Garmin/Suunto. Don't fall for this. And be careful with "enthusiasts".

Rudi, I haven't heard back from your friend yet.

Yes. Although there's been very little reported issues with these (silver outer ring) but the number of reported issues with the newer version (black outer ring) has skyrocketed this month.

Not sure what's around your screen but you can most likely clean it up with warm water and regular hand soap. And to avoid leaving marks when drying, a "microfiber cloth" does wonder.

Hello,

please quit using the third-party wireless charger provided with the wireless versions of Motions, both Mini and LCD, and dispose of it according to local rules.

Please also warn other users as most Motions are sent to groups and I do not know each recipient myself.

This week, I will be trialing new chargers. The following week, I will arrange bulk shipping of the chosen one.

If you already have an alternative and/or do not want a replacement: you have nothing to do, thank you.

If you will be attending a Prince Of Speed event soon (training or competition), you will be able to ask the organizers for your new charger.

In any other case, please group up with friends and/or other users on your spot(s) and email me a rough estimate like "I'll handle Dortmund, we're ~4" so I can send you a replacement pack.

Similar local topics are on Seabreeze.com.au for Oceania, on Windsurfing33.com for France, on Windsurfing.nl for the Netherlands.

Have a nice day,

J

Die Motion wäre schon gut wenn man sie auch bekommen würde.

Ein Freund hat die vor zwei Jahren Bezahlt und bis heute nicht bekommen.

Please ask your friend to email me: julien@motion-gps.com

Coros watches can't be compared to GW60/Motion. GP3S "approving" them is a farce. The high accuracy algorithm is a farce, the special verification is a farce, professional riders switching between Coros and Motion between each session is a great example of how their rankings are now gamed. All in all, a bad direction for the sport.

Hello! I was sent a question regarding a topic here and I read a few other topics along the way. There's a general tone in these topics that GNSS is inherently inaccurate and we should make do. So I'd like to point out that the difference between multiple Motions worn together over a 10 seconds average should be under 0.02kn and the difference between a Motion and video timing was found to be 0.03kn on Valkenaer's probably-record-breaking 500m run at Lüderitz 2019. It's not perfect but your expectations are incredibly low and it's somewhat disappointing to read.

I thought I had written here before but my post counter is at 1 so, to be clear, I make them Motions.