Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam 2018

• Der heutige Tag:

As forecast the wind remained extremely light for the penultimate day of the 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam meaning the sailors enjoyed a lay day, with some taking to the water to take advantage of the clean waves on offer.

SY18_ls_Surf.jpg

Sylt

Heading into the final day we decided to take a quick look at how things currently stand and who needs what to win…

Wave

Women’s

Just the top 5 women remain in the Women’s Wave Double Elimination - Maaike Huvermann (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins), Steffi Wahl (Sailloft Hamburg), Lina Erpenstein (Severne / Severne Sails), Iballa Moreno (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins) and Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Maui Ultra Fins) - and there is a small chance that tomorrow morning may offer the opportunity to finish the contest with 18-20 knot northerly winds and 2-3 foot waves currently predicted. With this in mind the Women’s Wave fleet will meet at 8am tomorrow morning with the action commencing from 8:30am - if conditions allow.

SY18_ls_Sarah_Quita.jpg

Sarah-Quita Offringa

Slalom and Foil

Tomorrow will also be the final roll of the dice for the Slalom and Foil and with the forecast on offer there’s definitely the possibility that Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Severne / Shamal Sunglasses) could get the chance to keep his title hopes alive. The Italian was leading the rankings coming into the final event of the year, but a semifinal exit in Elimination 1 has seen Iachino lose pole position to Antoine Albeau (RRD / NeilPryde), who is on the verge of a 25th world title after recording two solid 3rd places. As long as Albeau remains ahead of Iachino he will win the world title and has a 5.7 point advantage of Iachino heading into the final day.

SY18_ls_Matteo_on_standby.jpg

Matteo Iachino on standby

Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / Duotone / Chopper Fins) leads the event, but his title chances look slim as the Frenchman would require both Albeau and Iachino to drop out of the top 8, which is not out of the question, but fate is out of his own hands.

SY18_sl_PIerre_takes_the_first_bullet.jpg

Pierre Mortefon

Meanwhile, in the Foiling, Gonzalo Costa Hoevel (Starboard / Severne / Chopper Fins) does not have the world title wrapped up. The Argentine still leads the overall rankings, but now has Sebastian Kördel (Starboard / GA Sails) on his tail. If things were to finish as they are now then Costa Hoevel and Kördel would finish the year tied on 30,300 points with Kördel missing out on countback. However, if the German can climb one place to 3rd then he would win the world title - *assuming Costa Hoevel finishes outside the event top 10 - currently 10th. To do that though Kördel would need to catch Alexandre Cousin (Patrik / GA Sails / Chopper Fins), who currently has a 12 point advantage.

SY18_ls_Gonzalo_Costa_Hoevel.jpg

Gonzalo Costa Hoevel ready for battle

So, the title races will come down to tomorrow, when hopefully the wind will play ball to create an exciting end to the 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam.

Skippers’ Meeting Times Day 10 (All Times GMT+2)

- Wave skippers' meeting 8am - first possible start 8:30am.

- Slalom/Foil skippers' meeting 8:30am - first possible start 9:30am.

To stay up to date with all the latest developments from Germany — including the live stream, elimination ladders, entry list, images and live ticker simply click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Project Blue Life - Dedicated to Effective Climate Protection

Actually, it is no news anymore that the time has come: CO2 reduction and compensation is the most important subject for everyone.

A very interesting fact is that Mangroves are the most valuable plants on earth.

Mangroves are the most sustainable, simple and efficient tool for CO2 compensation for every private person and for businesses of all kinds.

We are the ones together, honoured to spread this information to the world, inviting thousands and millions of people to participate and share.

Thanks to Svein Rasmussen and Dr. Arne Fjortoft as our foundation partners of Blue Life, we have developed a system that turns events of all kind into tools for climate protection. This actively involves the competitors as well as spectators and digital users and viewers.

For more details about the Blue Life project visit @ http://windsurfworldcup.com/en/blue-life/

Also if you don’t already, follow us on our Social Media Channels:

- Facebook:@PWAWorldTourWindsurfing

- Instagram: @pwaworldtour

- Twitter: @pwaworldtour

Result Women’s 2018 Wave Mercedes-Benz PWA Super Grand Slam - Single Elimination

1st Sarah-Quita Offringa (ARU - Starboard / NeilPryde / Maui Ultra Fins)

2nd Iballa Moreno (ESP - Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins)

3rd Lina Erpenstein (GER - Severne / Severne Sails)

4th Steffi Wahl (GER - Sailloft Hamburg)

Result Men’s Wave 2018 Mercedes-Benz PWA Super Grand Slam

1st Thomas Traversa (FRA - Tabou / GA Sails)

2nd Ricardo Campello (BRA/VEN - Brunotti Boards / Point-7)

3rd Victor Fernandez (ESP - Fanatic / Duotone / Shamal Sunglasses)

4th Alex Mussolini (ESP - RRD / RRD Sails)

5th Jaeger Stone (AUS - Starboard / Severne / SWOX / Shamal Sunglasses)

6th Antony Ruenes (FRA - Tabou / GA Sails)

7th Leon Jamaer (GER - JP / NeilPryde)

7th Philip Köster (GER - Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins)

9th Josep Pons (ESP - Simmer / Simmer Sails)

9th Adam Lewis (ENG - Fanatic / Duotone / SWOX)

9th Klaas Voget (GER - Fanatic / Duotone)

9th Marcilio Browne (BRA - Goya Windsurfing)

Result Men’s Freestyle Mercedes-Benz PWA Super Grand Slam

1st Jose ‘Gollito’ Estredo (VEN - Fanatic / Duotone)

2nd Adrien Bosson (FRA - Fanatic / Duotone / Maui Ultra Fins)

3rd Amado Vrieswijk (NB - JP / Severne)

4th Steven Van Broeckhoven (BEL - JP / GunSails / Shamal Sunglasses)

5th Sam Esteve (FRA - JP / NeilPryde)

6th Jacopo Testa (ITA - RRD / RRD Sails / AL360)

7th Mattia Fabrizi (ITA - Patrik / Challenger Sails)

7th Yentel Caers (BEL - JP / Point-7)

9th Balz Müller (SUI - MB-Boards / Severne)

9th Dieter van der Eyken (BEL - Severne / Severne Sails)

9th Loick Spicher (SUI - RRD / RRD Sails)

9th Nic Hibdige (ENG - Tabou / GA Sails)

Current Ranking 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam - Men’s Slalom

*After Two Eliminations

1st Pierre Mortefon (FRA - Fanatic / Duotone / Chopper Fins)

2nd Antoine Albeau (FRA - RRD / NeilPryde)

3rd Antoine Questel (FRA - Starboard / S2Maui)

4th Ross Williams (GBR - Tabou / GA Sails / Shamal Sunglasses)

4th Cyril Moussilmani (FRA - RRD / Severne)

6th Matteo Iachino (ITA - Starboard / Severne / Shamal Sunglasses)

7th Julien Quentel (SXM - Patrik / Avanti)

8th Basile Jacquin (FRA - RRD / Point-7)

9th Nicolas Warembourg (FRA - JP / NeilPryde)

10th Andrea Ferin (ITA - RRD / Challenger Sails / AL360)

Current Ranking 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam - Men’s Foil

*After Five Eliminations

1st Matteo Iachino (ITA - Starboard / Severne / Shamal Sunglasses)

2nd Nicolas Goyard (FRA - Tabou / GA Sails)

3rd Alexandre Cousin (FRA - Patrik / GA Sails / Chopper Fins)

4th Sebastian Kördel (GER - Starboard / GA Sails)

5th Mateus Isaac (BRA - JP / NeilPryde)

6th Antoine Albeau (FRA - RRD / NeilPryde)

7th Sebastian Kornum (DEN - JP / NeilPryde)

8th Julien Bontemps (FRA - JP / NeilPryde)

9th Steve Allen (AUS - Patrik / Severne)

10th Gonzalo Costa Hoevel (ARG - Starboard / Severne / Chopper Fins)

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Das war es:

The final day of the 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam ended without any further competition being completed meaning the overnight rankings remained unchanged, which means that Antoine Albeau (RRD / NeilPryde) walks away from 2018 with an incredible 25th world title, while Gonzalo Costa Hoevel (Starboard / Severne / Chopper Fins) becomes the first man to win the PWA Foil World Championship. Meanwhile, Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Maui Ultra Fins) earns her first wave event victory since 2016 to end the year on a high, while Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Severne / Shamal Sunglasses) and Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / Duotone / Chopper Fins) claimed the event victories in the Foil and Slalom, respectively.

SY18_sl_Antoine_Albeau.jpg

Antoine Albeau

With the contest officially called off at around 1:40pm the official prize giving ceremony was then held at 3pm in front of a packed crowd as the new world champions were proudly crowned.

SY18_ls_All_the_world_champions.jpg

World Champions Crowned - Gonzalo Costa Hoevel, Victor Fernandez, Antoine Albeau, Gollito Estredo & Iballa Moreno (left to right)

Antoine Albeau: “I’m super happy to win my 25th world title. I’m happy with how things went here I was consistent in the slalom and managed to get in the lead. Bring on next season!”

SY18_ls_A_great_day_for_Albeau.jpg

Antoine Albeau celebrates with his family

Gonzalo Costa Hoevel: “Stoked to win the first ever official PWA World Title. I feel amazing. This wasn’t my best week in Sylt, but over the year I managed to perform well. Congrats also to Basti [Kördel] for finishing 2nd. Thanks to my sponsors, family and friends for all the support.”

SY18_ls_Gonzalo_Costa_Hoevel.jpg

Gonzalo Costa Hoevel

Sarah-Quita Offringa : “Hey PWA, Wauw !! The year is ending on a high note for me. I feel like this year my wave efforts are coming together.

I know now what the judges are looking for in jumps and wave rides, I feel like last year my wave riding was a bit hit and miss whereas this year I feel more consistent and confident, I understand my gear much better and how to set everything up, especially the fins, you won’t believe it, but waves almost needs as much tuning as slalom hahaha.

Winning in Maui was wicked, but this event definitely means a lot to me. We had both Starboard and port tack heats.
    And the cold adds to the challenge of competing. So, finally that actually makes it a bit cooler (pun intended) to win here.

The variety of conditions also just added to the fun and excitement of competing here this year.

I think I’ve done some of my best turns and wave rides ever, and I’m happy those were during my heats.

And I think it’s mostly because the level is really high across the fleet, so whoever I was up against really made me want to do better.

Big, big congratulations to the top 4 for this event, Iballa, Lina and Steffi.

The men’s contest was also great to watch, congrats to Thomas, Ricardo and Victor there!”

SY18_ls_Sarah_Quita.jpg

Sarah-Quita Offringa

Congrats to all the winners - we’ll be back on Tuesday with the event summary.

To stay up to date with all the latest developments from Germany — including the live stream, elimination ladders, entry list, images and live ticker simply click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Actually, it is no news anymore that the time has come: CO2 reduction and compensation is the most important subject for everyone.

A very interesting fact is that Mangroves are the most valuable plants on earth.

Mangroves are the most sustainable, simple and efficient tool for CO2 compensation for every private person and for businesses of all kinds.

We are the ones together, honoured to spread this information to the world, inviting thousands and millions of people to participate and share.

Thanks to Svein Rasmussen and Dr. Arne Fjortoft as our foundation partners of Blue Life, we have developed a system that turns events of all kind into tools for climate protection. This actively involves the competitors as well as spectators and digital users and viewers.

For more details about the Blue Life project visit @ http://windsurfworldcup.com/en/blue-life/

Result Women’s 2018 Wave Mercedes-Benz PWA Super Grand Slam

Result 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam - Men’s Slalom

Result 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam - Men’s Foil

4th Sebastian Kördel (GER - Starboard / GA Sails)

10th Gonzalo Costa Hoevel (ARG - Starboard / Severne / Chopper Fins)

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Die Zusammenfassung:

Sylt provided a bit of everything over the last 10 days from 5-9 knot foiling to storm chaseque wave sailing conditions, which was the perfect platform to guarantee a thrilling finale to the 2018 PWA World Tour, but some of the twists and turns that followed couldn’t have been scripted…

SY18_wv_Voget_flying.jpg

Stormy Seas

Wave

Women’s

Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Maui Ultra Fins) ends her best year on the PWA Wave World Tour - 2018 vice-world champion - on a high after winning her first wave event since 2016. This year’s contest saw a range of starboard and port tack conditions, but with the finals being completed in port tack this also marks the Aruban’s first success on port, which will only enhance her world title credentials going forwards. Offringa ends the season with a superb record of 3 second places and a victory.

SY18_wv_Sarah_Quita_trweaked_push_loop.jpg

Sarah-Quita Offringa

With Daida Moreno (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins) unfortunately forced into a late withdrawal from the final contest of the year, due to injury, that meant that coming into Sylt the Women’s world title was already decided with her sister - Iballa Moreno (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins) - successfully defending her world crown for the 5th consecutive year, which is Iballa’s 10th overall and 28th for the legendary Moreno twins. Meanwhile, Daida completes the overall podium.

SY18_ls_Iballa_Moreno_world_champion.jpg

Iballa Moreno 2018 Women's PWA Wave World Champion

Lina Erpenstein (Severne / Severne Sails) walks away from her home event by recording her first podium since Gran Canaria in 2017. The German was only stopped by an on fire Sarah-Quita Offringa in the semifinals, but was able to defeat her good friend, and fellow German, Steffi Wahl (Sailloft Hamburg) in the battle for 3rd and 4th. Erpenstein finishes 2018 ranked 4th in the overalls, while Wahl records her best finish at an event since completing the podium in Tenerife in 2016.

SY18_wv_Lina_Erpenstein.jpg

Lina Erpenstein

Meanwhile, after missing the first event of the season in Morocco due to visa complications - Justyna Sniady (Simmer / Simmer Sails / AL360) - completes her comeback to rise to 5th in the overall rankings after out performing Arrianne Aukes (Fanatic / Duotone / Maui Ultra Fins) here.

SY18_wv_Justyna_Sniady.jpg

Maaike Huvermann

Men’s

Victor Fernandez (Fanatic / Duotone / Shamal Sunglasses) ends 2018 with his 3rd wave world title, but the road to his second world title in 3 years was anything but straight forward with the Spaniard having to endure an emotional roller coaster as the race for the world title took several dramatic twists and turns.

Firstly, Thomas Traversa (Tabou / GA Sails) eliminated Fernandez in the quarterfinals of the Single Elimination, and with Philip Köster (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins) and Marcilio Browne (Goya Windsurfing) both facing shock first round exits at the hands of Qualifiers - Julien Quentel (Patrik / Avanti) and Antony Ruenes (Tabou / GA Sails) - that opened the door for fellow world title hopeful - Ricardo Campello (Brunotti Boards / Point-7). And the 33-year-old took full advantage as he went on to win the Single Elimination and thus assume the No.1 spot in the overalls.

Fernandez then almost staged just the comeback he needed by winning 5 heats in a row, but Thomas Traversa (Tabou / GA Sails) would prove to be the Spaniard’s downfall again - leaving Fernandez in 3rd place and just one place short of the top 2 which would’ve guaranteed him the world title. Fortunately, for Fernandez, Traversa then defeated Campello twice to derail the 33-year-olds title challenge while guaranteeing Fernandez his 3rd world title,

SY18_wv_Victor_Fernandez.jpg

Victor Fernandez

Traversa climbs into the overall top 10 - 8th - for the first time this season with a timely victory helping to somewhat save his season as in the Canaries he recorded two 17th places. However, over the last 10 days he returned to something close to his best form and ends the season with a flourish.

SY18_wv_Traversa_on_fire.jpg

Thomas Traversa

Campello will no doubt be disappointed not to have captured his first wave world title, but the 33-year-old should be able to reflect on this season in a very positive manner after still finishing as the vice-world champion, which is his best overall result since 2011 - when he also finished 2nd overall.

SY18_wv_Campello_tweaked.jpg

Ricardo Campello

Meanwhile, 3-time world champion - Philip Köster - completes the overall podium followed by Jaeger Stone (Starboard / Severne / SWOX / Shamal Sunglasses), Marcilio Browne (Goya Windsurfing), Adam Lewis (Fanatic / Duotone / SWOX), Alex Mussolini (RRD / RRD Sails), Traversa, Robby Swift (JP / NeilPryde / SWOX), while Dany Bruch (Bruch Boards / Flight Sails / AL360) completes the top 10 as Marc Paré (Simmer / Simmer Sails) just misses out.

SY18_ls_Mens_wave_overall_top_three.jpg

Men's Wave Overall Top 3 - Ricardo Campello, Victor Fernandez, Philip Köster (left to right)

Elsewhere, Antony Ruenes (Tabou / GA Sails), made quite a name for himself as the giant killer of the event as the Frenchman claimed the scalp of Marcilio Browne (Goya Windsurfing) twice and 3-time world champion - Philip Koster (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins) in Heat 30b to eliminate Koster from this year’s title race, while Ruenes walks away from Sylt with an excellent 6th place.

SY18_wv_Antony_going_for_the_lip.jpg

Antony Ruenes

Freestyle

Gollito Estredo (Fanatic / Duotone) completed a stunning comeback in the Double Elimination to be crowned Freestyle World Champion for the 9th time, while denying teammate Adrien Bosson (Fanatic / Duotone) a first world title. As the 29-year-old so often does, he produced his highest scoring heat of the Double Elimination in the Super Final - when it mattered most - posting a score of 130 points to only enhance his reputation as not only the Freestyle King, but also as one of the best competitors on the tour. Gollito seems to thrive under pressure where others may falter.

SY18_ls_Gollito.jpg

Gollito Estredo

Bosson should be delighted with his performances this season and deservedly ends the year as the vice-world champion, which is the first time he has broken into the illustrious overall top 3 - bettering his efforts from 2016 & ’17 - when finishing 7th and 6th overall. The Frenchman produced a dynamic and explosive performance to win the Single Elimination in impressive fashion, and his ability to land the biggest air moves on both tacks now makes him one of the most dangerous sailors on the tour.

SY18_fs_Bosson_one_handed.jpg

Adrien Bosson

Amado Vrieswijk (JP / Severne) was forced to fight his way back through the Double Elimination after Bosson dispatched of the Bonairean in clinical fashion in the quarterfinals of the Single, and that’s exactly what 22-year managed to do as won 5 heats on the spin to fight back into 3rd place for the event and overall rankings.

SY18_fs_Amado_fights_back.jpg

Amado Vrieswijk

Meanwhile, Yentel Caers (JP / Point-7) finishes the season ranked 4th after a 7th place finish, while fellow Belgian - Steven Van Broeckhoven (JP / Gun Sails / Shamal Sunglasses) returns to the overall top 5 for the first time since 2014. SVB finally enjoyed an injury free competition year and was able to show the kind of form associated with the 2011 world champion.

SY18_fs_Van_Broekhoven_action.jpg

Steven Van Broeckhoven

The top 10 is completed by Italy’s Jacopo Testa (RRD / RRD Sails / AL360) - 6th - Belgium’s Dieter van der Eyken (Severne / Severne Sails) - 7th - France’s Sam Esteve (JP / NeilPryde) - 8th - Italy’s Mattia Fabrizi (Patrik / Challenger Sails - 9th - who produced an amazing comeback from the first round of the Double Elimination to finish joint 7th in Sylt, and last but not least Switzerland’s Balz Müller (MB-Boards / Severne Sails), who wowed the crowds with not only his regular freestyle, but also his foil freestyle as he continues to push the boundaries of the sport.

SY18_fs_Balz_push_loop.jpg

Balz Müller

Slalom

Matteo Iachino came into the last event of the year tied on points with Antoine Albeau, but leading on countback, so in Sylt the title race would come down to whoever beat who as long as they finished in the top 8 or better.

In the end the battle went in the favour of Albeau, who recorded two solid 3rd places from the two eliminations to finish 2nd and claim an incredible 25th world title, while also successfully defending his world crown from last year as the 46-year-old continues to show no signs of slowing down.

SY18_ls_More_trophies_for_the_Albeau_family.jpg

Antoine Albeau celebrates with his family

For Iachino, 2018 will still go down as a successful year. After all the Italian still finishes the year as a vice-world champion, but undoubtedly this will still be a bitter blow to take having led the tour since South Korea in May. Coming into Sylt Iachino had qualified for 16 out of the 17 Winners’ Finals - 94% - this season, but crucially missed out on the opening final here. Iachino then hit back immediately with a bullet, but unfortunately for the Italian no further racing was completed. Expect to see Iachino involved in the title race again next season.

SY18_ls_Matteo_Iachino_finishes_2nd_In_The_slalom_overall.jpg

Matteo Iachino

Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / Duotone / Chopper Fins) did everything in his power to stop both Albeau or Iachino from winning the 2018 PWA Slalom World Championship by winning the event after a bullet and a 4th place, but it wasn’t enough this time around and the Frenchman finishes 3rd in the overalls. This was also Mortefon’s first victory since Costa Brava in 2016 and as one of the ‘Big Top 3’ he’ll be heavily involved again net season.

SY18_ls_Mens_slalom_overall_top_three.jpg

Men's Overall Top 3 - Matteo Iachino, Antoine Albeau, Pierre Mortefon (left to right)

Elsewhere, Jordy Vonk (Fanatic / Duotone) just missed out on the top 10 for the first time this season - 11th - but the flying Dutchman won’t be disappointed as 2018 represents his best year to date on the world tour - 4th - which is Vonk’s first time in the overall top 10. The future looks bright for Vonk!

SY18_ls_Jordy_Vonk.jpg

Jordy Vonk with Marco Lang

The top 10 is completed by Julien Quentel - 5th - Ross Williams (Tabou / GA Sails / Shamal Sunglasses) - 6th - Pascal Toselli (JP / Loftsails / Chopper Fins) - 7th - who maybe slightly disappointed with how the season ends having occupied a place in the top 4 for almost the entire season - Cyril Moussilmani (RRD / Severne), Mateus Isaac (JP / NeilPryde) - 9th - and Tristan Algret (Starboard / Severne / Chopper Fins) - 10th - with the latter two breaking into the overall top 10 for the first time in their careers.

SY18_ls_Algret_heads_out.jpg

Tristan Algret

Meanwhile, Nicolas Warembourg (JP / NeilPryde), Basile Jacquin (RRD / Point-7) and Andrea Ferin (RRD / Challenger Sails / AL360) all record their first top 10 finishes at events - 8th, 9th & 10th respectively.

SY18_sl_Basile_Jacquin.jpg

Basile Jacquin

Antoine Questel (Starboard / S2Maui) may have made a slow start to the season by his recent standards, but improved drastically after Costa Brava as the Frenchman finishes the year with 3 top 10 results. But he saved his best until last to earn his first podium since 2012 to battle back to 13th overall for 2018.

SY18_sl_Questel_into_third.jpg

Antoine Questel

Foil

Coming into Sylt there had been 3 Foil events - Japan, South Korea and Costa Brava - each of which had yielded a different winner in each location - Gonzalo Costa Hoevel (Starboard / Severne / Chopper Fins), Mateus Isaac (JP / NeilPryde) and Amado Vrieswijk- would Sylt provide another different champion? Yes!

Who? Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Severne / Shamal Sunglasses), who coming into Sylt had recorded a 10th and two 14th places. However, Iachino won 4 out of the 5 Foil Eliminations completed here as he destroyed the rest of the fleet and it seems the Italian has made rapid progress since the last event in Costa Brava.

SY18_fl_Iachino_dominates.jpg

Matteo Iachino

Back to the race for the first official Foil world title and Gonzalo Costa Hoevel just hung on to be crowned world champion. The Argentine discards the result here - 10th - and wins on countback after finishing tied on points with Sebastian Kördel (Starboard / GA Sails) - 30,300 points - with the German finishing as the vice-world champion.

SY18_ls_Foil_one_and_two_for_Starboard.jpg

Gonzalo Costa Hoevel and Sebastian Kördel

Antoine Albeau completes the overall podium as he too holds a better discard than fellow countryman - Alexandrea Cousin (Patrik / GA Sails / Chopper Fins) - with the two sailors tied on 30,100 points after Cousin earned his second podium of the year - 3rd.

SY18_ls_Mens_overall_foil_top_three.jpg

Men's Foil Top 3 - Sebastian Kördel, Gonzalo Costa Hoevel & Antoine Albeau (left to right)

The overall top 10 is completed by; Mateus Isaac, Julien Bontemps (JP / NeilPryde), Amado Vrieswijk, Matteo Iachino, Sebastian Kornum (JP / NeilPryde) and Antoine Questel (Starboard / S2Maui) - 5th-10th.

SY18_fl_Julien_Bentemps.jpg

Julien Bontemps in the mix

That concludes the 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam and with it another fantastic year on the PWA World Tour - congratulations again to all of this year’s champions we’ll be back with more world class windsurfing in 2019. Stay tuned!

To review all the news and action from Germany — including the live stream, elimination ladders, entry list, images and live ticker simply click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Result 2018 Wave Mercedes-Benz PWA Super Grand Slam - Women’s Wave

Overall Rankings 2018 PWA World Tour - Women’s Wave

1st Iballa Moreno (ESP - Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins)

2nd Sarah-Quita Offringa (ARU - Starboard / NeilPryde / Maui Ultra Fins)

3rd Daida Moreno (ESP - Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins)

4th Lina Erpenstein (GER - Severne / Severne Sails)

5th Justyna Sniady (POL - Simmer / Simmer Sails / AL360)

Overall Rankings 2018 PWA World Tour - Men’s Wave

1st Victor Fernandez (ESP - Fanatic / Duotone / Shamal Sunglasses)

3rd Philip Köster (GER - Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins)

4th Jaeger Stone (AUS - Starboard / Severne / SWOX / Shamal Sunglasses)

5th Marcilio Browne (BRA - Goya Windsurfing)

6th Adam Lewis (ENG - Fanatic / Duotone / SWOX)

7th Alex Mussolini (ESP - RRD / RRD Sails)

8th Thomas Traversa (FRA - Tabou / GA Sails)

9th Robby Swift (ENG - JP / NeilPryde / SWOX)

10th Dany Bruch (GER - Bruch Boards / Flight Sails / AL360)

Overall Rankings 2018 PWA World Tour - Men’s Freestyle

4th Yentel Cabers (BEL - JP / Point-7)

5th Steven Van Broeckhoven (BEL - JP / Gun Sails / Shamal Sunglasses)

7th Dieter van der Eyken (BEL - Severne / Severne Sails)

8th Sam Esteve (FRA - JP / NeilPryde)

9th Mattia Fabrizi (ITA - Patrik / Challenger Sails)

10th Balz Müller (SUI - MB-Boards / Severne Sails)

Result 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam - Men’s Slalom

Overall Rankings 2018 PWA World Tour - Men’s Slalom

1st Antoine Albeau (FRA - RRD / NeilPryde)

2nd Matteo Iachino (ITA - Starboard / Severne / Shamal Sunglasses)

3rd Pierre Mortefon (FRA - Fanatic / Duotone / Chopper Fins)

4th Jordy Vonk (NED - Fanatic / Duotone)

5th Julien Quentel (SXM - Patrik / Avanti)

6th Ross Williams (ENG - Tabou / GA Sails / Shamal Sunglasses)

7th Pascal Toselli (FRA - JP / Loftsails / Chopper Fins)

8th Cyril Moussilmani (FRA - RRD / Severne)

9th Mateus Isaac (BRA - JP / NeilPryde)

10th Tristan Algret (GPE - Starboard / Severne / Chopper Fins)

Result 2018 Mercedes-Benz Sylt PWA Super Grand Slam - Men’s Foil

4th Sebastian Kördel (Starboard / GA Sails)

10th Gonzalo Costa Hoevel (ARG - Starboard / Severne / Shamal Sunglasses)

Overall Rankings 2018 PWA World Tour - Men’s Foil

1st Gonzalo Costa Hoevel (ARG - Starboard / Severne / Shamal Sunglasses)

2nd Sebastian Kördel (GER - Starboard / GA Sails)

3rd Antoine Albeau (FRA - RRD / NeilPryde)

4th Alexandre Cousin (FRA - Patrik / GA Sails / Chopper Fins)

6th Julien Bontemps (FRA - JP / NeilPryde)

7th Amado Vrieswijk (NB - JP / Severne)

8th Matteo Iachino (ITA - Starboard / Severne / Shamal Sunglasses)

9th Sebastian Kornum (DEN - JP / NeilPryde)

10th Antoine Questel (FRA - Starboard / S2Maui)

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.