Finish weed speed/slalom

• Jetzt wollte ich gerade ein Thema zu den Finnen erstellen und sehe, das gibt es schon.

Kennt die jemand und hat Erfahrung gemacht?

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Ich kenne die weedfinne nicht, besitze aber die speedslalom Finne in 38cm..

Habe sie ein paarmal gefahren und finde dass die Finne jeden Euro wert ist.

Toll verarbeitet und auch bei starken Böen absolut kontrolliert und einfach zu fahren. Schnell.

Habe sie bislang auf einem PD 115 v2 gefahren.

Passte sogar ohne einschleifen in die Tuttlebox 🤗!

• Gibt es zu den Finnen noch mehr Erfahrungen inzwischen, vor allem die Weed interessiert mich...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Henning

• Gibt es zu den Finnen noch mehr Erfahrungen inzwischen, vor allem die Weed interessiert mich...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Henning

I have the Finish Weedfin in 29cm and 24cm. The Finish Weed is my best 45 degrees weedfin (for 72/73cm board), however I use 99% of the time other weedfins (this year 0 times). That is because weedfins with less rake are better. But sometimes (rare occasion) you do need 45 degrees if the weed density is too much, then Finish is a good pick.

weedfin with blade shifted forward

A weedfin with forward shifted blade gives more upwind and crosswind performance. Each weedfin (~25cm+) with blade shifted forward worked on the water better when I tested it.

Disadvantage of the shifted forward blade, it is a bit difficult to get it out of the board. Doing it wrong can damage fin or board. This is how I try to prevent damage when use a shifted blade:

Removing weedfin with shifted blade

Removing shifted blade fin with normal fit tuttlebase:

1. push the leading edge until the gap between blade and bottom of the board is at least 3mm;
    2. put cartboard inbetween blade and bottom of the board (protection);
    3. from here you can wiggle (push trailing/leading edge) the fin out.

Removing shifted blade fin (too) tight fit tuttlebase:

1. lay the bottom of the board on a soft surface;
    2. unscrew front and back screw 3mm;
    3. with a (soft) hammer and screwdriver first hit the front screw up to the point that it is 3mm down;
    4. put a bit cartboard inbetween blade and bottom of the board;
    5. now with a soft hammer push down the back screw;
    6. from here see where the fin is loose enough to wiggle it down.
    7. sand the tuttlebase down up to the point the normal tutorial is possible.

Less rake of a weedfin means:

-more upwind performance;

-a bit more finlength in the water (=much faster+comfy in higher chop, due less spinouts);

-less the weedfin behaviour (board tends to bear-away when overpowered).

40 degrees (50% of the time required in weedy spots)

For lightwinds and a bit more weed I use 40 degrees Sonntag SL-weed, these are just soo good. In underpowered conditions I to use a bigger SL-weed, for example SL-weed 34cm in 72~73cm slalom and I enjoy just to fly upwind. Normally it is a 31cm SL-weed (2cm longer than the Finish) in my 73cm slalom board of 34/36cm SL-weed in my 83cm slalomboard.

I sail at Gooimeer and IJmeer (weedproblem worse than Strand Horst for example). The SL-weed only once (end of July 2023) couldn't get rid of all the weed, this was at a windsurfspot not being used for long time (very high density weed). For me 1/40 (2.5%) the SL-weed had not enough rake.

35 degrees (50% of the time required in weedy spots)

The tribal weedspeed is a G10 fin, this is fine in shallow area's. The profile is thicker and it gives sweet performance. It is a down-/crosswind monster and one of the best selling weedfins. I like it very much powered up (20kts+ sessions) and for shallow area's OR chaotic water. In shallow area's I feel less sorry when hitting the ground with this fin. In chaotic water the extra finlength + thick profile means a bit more steady grip through the chaos. However 50% of the weedseason this fin catches weed at the Gooimeer and IJmeer. I would use for example a 33cm weedspeed in my 73cm slalomboard (4cm longer than the finish).

Overal preference

If I had to chose one design it would be the 40 degrees weedfin with forward shifted blade, this would be the best compromise.

Details

I do have quite a few pinholes in the leading edge of one the Finish weedfins which I bought new, I don't think it matters much for performance. Maybe it was a one time problem (or not). The tribal and Sonntag fins have no holes or other deformations.