• Since the Fin is firmly attached to the board, the aoa is determined by the way the board behaves or, better said, how and where the rider puts pressure on the board...

In non Planung conditions the board is weighed more to the back...

When helping to plane early one might think of that too...

But anyway, as kleppy wrote, both concepts will work to some extent and that is enough knowledge for me right now ;)

• But anyway, as kleppy wrote, both concepts will work to some extent and that is enough knowledge for me right now ;)

Indeed, this is enough to explain that the back of the board does not continue to elevate when speed increases.

It was actually one of the secrets that the angle of attack may be positive or negative while it seems to be logical to have it positive for someone who has never used this toy. When you think more about it you find other discrepancies in the proposed document: stabilization. Since we now know the secret about smart angle of attack the obvious conclusion is that it may be acting as a horizontal stabilizer. Indeed, it is nearly impossible to think about it without testing the actual part. But when you are using the actual part on your board you can feel stabilization very well compare to a traditional fin particularly on waves and at high speed.

The conclusion from this partial intellectual property disclosure is following:

fly-fins are not only helping to get on planing but also add stability.

I can assure you that there are other details that we have not discussed yet because the manufacturers did not disclose them yet. But for most of the consumers it is enough to say that you can go faster because the hydrofoil unloads the board and the board does not know that you are so heavy.

If you read this conversation from the beginning you can find a concept that was made in Germany by Wolfgang. It has been a strong believe of the participants that the foil needs to be under the center of gravity while the manufacturers and the real users suggested opposite. Now, when we finally know one of the key secrets with the angle we can explain why placing the foil under the center of the gravity may not be as beneficial as the manufacturers in the US and Poland produce. Since the angle of attack may be negative forward located foil will suck the board into water and increase drag. Stabilization will not work either. This is the reason why I have been asking for the test result on the fly-fin concept from Wolfgang and we do not see it. I assume it may not work as expected.

When more competition gets involved into this we will be disclosing more design secrets that ordinary people do not see yet. This practice is normal because of competition. Because you do not know all the key detail it may be looking unreal (too good to be real) when you watch the units in action and you cannot explain the reasons of the performance so you start trolling on poor skill of the novice sailor.

In addition to the other secret phenomena that we. the manufacturers, alredy know there are some phenomena that are still under research. This is good because it means that we will possibly have new discoveries for more improvement.

• Ein möglicher Effekt zur Stabilisierung könnte der Bodeneffekt sein, also die Luft, die sich unter dem Brett staut und Auftrieb erzeugt. Siehe auch Bodeneffektfahrzeuge.

Damit wäre das der gleiche Zustand wie beim Gleiten und Foilen, nur dass das Brett keine Wasserberührung hat. Die Wellen lassen wir mal weg.

Falls der Effekt in ausreichendem Maße auftritt, dann kann man das doch sagen. Da muss man kein Geheimnis darum machen. Den Effekt kann man auch nicht patentieren. Das ist die Physik.

• Wir haben bereits den Ground-effekt auf das russische Forum vor langer Zeit abgedeckt.

http://raceyou.ru/showthread.php?t=28946

Ich habe auch einen Bezug auf den Ground-effekt dieses Videos.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Ground-Effekt ist einer der Gründe, warum TheVirus und Wolfgang Design nicht so effizient wie Frpgear Design ist. Müssen die maximale Distanz zwischen der Saugseite der Folie und dem Boden (Wasser oder Unterseite der Platte) halt.

Ja, Ground_Effekt hilft und es ist kein Geheimnis.

• kleppy10 :

Sag mal, von der Theorie her ist doch die flyfin i.e. genau so we das FinFoil von TheVirus, oder habe ich da was falsch verstanden?

Beide werden doch in erster Linie das an und Durchgleiten in gewissem Maß verbessern, aber bei steigenden Geschwindigkeiten schwieriger zu kontrollieren sein, oder?

• Stell dir mal vor, es gäbe tatsächlich einen nennenswerten ground-effect, dann würde doch ein schnell fahrendes Formula nach einem kleinen Hüpfer überhaupt nie wieder ins Wasser eintauchen und ewig über den Wellen schwebend weiterfahren.

Hier sind Leute am Werk, die nicht den blassesten Schimmer einer Ahnung über die anliegenden Kräfte habe.

Oder ist Dr. Zak eine frei erfundene Figur, die man mieten kann, um etwas mehr traffic in einem Forum zu erzeugen????????

• Zitat Dr. ZAK:

"If the fly-fin is best for everything – Good point. I even use fly-fin to shovel sand on the beach while watching my kids. Sand works as polishing compound and fin actually gets better."

Bin ich der einzige der hier herzlich gelacht hat? 🤣

Gibt's diese Finnen eigentlich wirklich oder ist das so ne Nummer à la Huurz?

• Stell dir mal vor, es gäbe tatsächlich einen nennenswerten ground-effect, dann würde doch ein schnell fahrendes Formula nach einem kleinen Hüpfer überhaupt nie wieder ins Wasser eintauchen und ewig über den Wellen schwebend weiterfahren.

Hier sind Leute am Werk, die nicht den blassesten Schimmer einer Ahnung über die anliegenden Kräfte habe.

Oder ist Dr. Zak eine frei erfundene Figur, die man mieten kann, um etwas mehr traffic in einem Forum zu erzeugen????????

Diese Aussage ist natürlich Schwachsinn. Ein ground-effect setzt eine möglichst konstante Flughöhe voraus, die beim Hüpfer nicht gegeben ist.

Außerdem kann der Effekt natürlich nicht das gesamte Gewicht tragen. Das einzige was passiert ist, dass das Brett weicher einsetzt. Beim Fly-Fin Konzept wird das Gewicht ja nahezu zu 99% vom Flügel getragen. Der Rest kann von einem ground-effect kommen. Der ist ja nur dazu da, Stabilität zu ermöglichen und zu verhindern, dass das Brett vorne eintaucht.

• Der Flügel an meiner Grasfinne konnte zirka 30kg. Lift erzeugen. Meine 90kg fuhren auf identischen Brettern wie die 60 kg Person mlt Finne ohne

Flügel. Das Wort Schwachsinn solltest Du sein lassen, ich verwende es bei Deinen 99% ja auch nicht. Wolfgang

Ja super. Dann stimmt ja Theorie und Praxis überein. Wie ist denn die Kontrollierbarkeit bei hohen Geschwindigkeiten? Das war ja hier die Frage.

• Es waren ja nur 32 Knoten,dann ging es hinten hoch und bremste vorne. Zum Thema ground-effect: Es ist ca. 35 Jahre her, da hab ich es probiert.

Das zweite Foto zeigt meinen Sohn, der jetzt 50 ist. Wolfgang

• Dr.Zak gibt es wohl tatsächlich, ist in Amerika aktiv: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Winds…id=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Man kann auch schön die "Kevlarverstärkung" sehen. Ist aber in Wirklichkeit eine Schwächung der Struktur.

Kevlar hat zwar sehr gute Festigkeitseigenschaften auf Zug, ist aber auf Druck schlechter als Glasfaser. Bringt also in dieser Anordnung nix, ist nur ein Marketingtrick für Dumme.

Wer wagt es und kauft so ein Teil - jetzt mit vorgesetztem Flügel, obwohl er uns doch gerade erklärt hat, daß der Flügel hinten genau richtig positioniert ist.

mfg

Dr. Spin Out

• Wir verwenden einige Kevlar-Fasern aus technischen Gründen. Aber manche Leute finden es gut aussehend.

Ich würde gerne wissen, warum Sie denken, dass Kevlar-Fasern an Kompression arbeiten? Kevlarfasern befinden sich in der neutralen Zone des Abschnitts - keine Kompression, keine Spannung. Die einzige Spannung auf Kevlar ist von der Spannung des Bolzens. Der Vorteil von Kevlar ist, dass Sie die Finne nicht verlieren, wenn Sie mit etwas kollidieren. Beachten Sie, Kevlar-Fasern sind um die Tonnenmutter gewickelt. Fragen Sie Wolfgang, wie er Laufmuttern an seinen Flossen montiert. Ich nehme an, Worfgand bohrt Fols. Bohren von Löchern schneidet Fasern. FRPGear wickelt Fasern um die Laufmuttern - dies ist eine wesentlich stärkere Integration der Laufmutter.

Wenn Sie über Kompression oder Spannung sprechen möchten, müssen Sie über die Fasern auf der Seitenfläche der Flosse mit der maximalen Dicke sprechen. Diese spezielle Flosse hat unidirektionales S-Glas auf Kompressions- und Spannungszonen.

• Da brauchen wir doch gar keine Theorie!

Dr. Zak hat uns doch alle darüber aufgeklärt, daß der einzelne Flügel unten an der Finne absolut perfekt ist.

Und nun doch 2 Flügel?????

Also mal ganz ehrlich: die Idee mit der Y-Finne und 2 Flügeln halte ich für ganz brauchbar, die Position des vorderen und des hinteren Flügels stimmen mit den herkömmlichen Foiltypen überein.

Da könnte man aber auch einen "normalen" Foil nehmen und an einen 50 cm "Mast" schrauben. Problem werden die 50 cm sein, da ist der normale Aufbau mit evtl variabler Mastlänge bis

100 cm viel besser.

mfg

Dr. Spin Out

• It may be little difficult for a beginner to use 100cm mast in waters less then 100 cm deep. When tide is high in my location I use a longer mast. But I still need to walk for long way in water in order to start at enough depth.

The most popular windsurfing and kite spots in the USA are very shallow. Sometimes it gets under 50 cm deep for miles. You do not see any foilers there but the spot are very nice. With shorter mast it makes it possible to foil on these popular spots. This is the reason why two legged design could be an advantage because it makes it possible to spread the main wing and the stabilizer at a grater distance for significant stability increase. You may want more stability with shorter mast in order to hold your altitude more precise. Longer fuselage adds stability too but at a higher cost of drag: more total area of parts under water. Also, long fuselage becomes too flexible as you can see on this video:

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I personalty find it much better to foil on a stiff design.

Besides, you need a wider board for a longer mast. Wider boards are popular anywhere but not in the US. In my area we ride 70-90 liter boards. I think it is because you can start it easy anywhere on under 1 meter deep water. Water start is often easy because we have winds and warm waters almost year round. Smaller boards fit into a regular small size car. 100cm mast does not work on my 60cm wide board. 50 cm mast work well on my 60cm width board.

When I go windsurfing I take foil as a backup to use it if I do not have enough wind. If I used 100cm mast I would need to bring a wide board. Wide board does not fin inside my car so I have to put it on the top of my car and I need to watch it so it does not explode from air pressure getting hot under sunlight. Even when I am lucky to have enough water depth for 100 cm there is sea grass on the bottom. Shorter mast does not get as mush sea grass as 100 cm.

In my practical windsurfing routine the only reason when I want a longer mast is when I go to another spot like ocean or open bay where we often have waves. But I still like 75 cm mast more compare to 100 mast.

I agree that all the designs have advantages and disadvantages that can be discussed theoretically. However, when it comes to practical every day using of different designs you find out that the every day conveniences may dominate over the theoretical conclusions in front of the computer screen at home.

• I bought from FRPGEAR FOIL a two-legged Foil with two wings of 900 mm and 1250 mm. 28.04.19 I came to ride in the Foil in Strogino, Moscow, Russia. Witnesses saw how I go out to ride – Sergey Petrovich(the owner of the base), Vladimir, Mironov and a couple of surfers. The wind was just weak 5-6 knots with gusts up to 8-9 knots. I took sail 9.6 North warp wing 1250mm began to ride and take off. The height of the leg 60 cm a little take off and fall as the wing suffices air. Good flight stability I didn't notice a difference from one legged Foil I saw. The wind blows very strongly, which is very bad. But then came a gust of wind 9-10 knots and during takeoff the wing was torn off. The photo shows how poorly made mortgages. Mortgages for the big wing should be strengthened well, but not to a depth of 10 mm, so snatched mortgages and wing drowned. When the wing sank I started to come back and this two leg design gives great resistance. Board were traveling when they came a gust barely rode, and on the fin would be the speed of normal. When I returned to the shore without wings all seen witnesses - Sergei Petrovich(host base), Vladimir Mironov and a couple of surfers. Everyone said it was a marriage and a badly done leg. The wing 1250, the money was returned immediately. To get the rest of the money back, you had to mail the entire lobby. I sent Foil in the mail. Parcel Stepan LIAR received(photo departure). Since I myself was stupid and paid Foil(Believed the deceiver Stepan) in September 2018 and he sent it in March 2019, the protection of PayPal does not apply since 180 days have passed. Stepan Lunin uses this and will not return my money. I MAILED FOIL AND COMPLETED THE DEAL. IT PUBLICLY ON A KITE FORUM PROMISED TO RETURN THE MONEY AND NOT FULFILLED. I DO NOT ADVISE YOU TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER, WHO WRITES THAT HE DID WRONG AND FOIL IS NOT GOING TO RETURN THE MONEY. SEVERAL CUSTOMERS HAVE ALREADY TURNED AWAY FROM HIM. I DO NOT ADVISE YOU WITH INPUT ISOLATING A DECEIVER STEPAN. LOSE MONEY AND TIME. FORTUNATELY NOW A LOT OF PRODUCERS.

HE BLACKMAILED ME THAT THE MONEY WILL NOT RETURN, WHAT I WROTE TO HIM LEFT FEEDBACK ON THE FORUMS THAT HIS STARBOARD WING BETTER. WHEN HE'S NOT RIDING ON THE STARBOARD WING AND HOW WELL YOU CAN TALK. WHEN I WROTE DUE TO HIS BLACKMAIL ON THE FRENCH FORUM WHERE HE HAS NO REGISTRATION. THE FRENCH IMMEDIATELY REALIZED THAT THIS IS BAD PUBLICITY AND WANTED TO BAN ME. I ALSO WRITE ABOUT CHEATING.

• Diese FRP Fuzzys nerven einfach nur,

Spamen alle internationalen Foren zu, die einen #windfoil tag haben.