[/td]

[/tr]

</tbody>[/TABLE]
    [/FONT]

[TABLE='width: 100%']
    <tbody>

[tr]

[td]

The next stop of the PWA Slalom World Tour sees the fastest men and women in the world travelling to a new location on the calendar for 2016 as they head for Hvide Sande for the WATERZ Festival, which runs between the 4th-9th September.

Hvide Sande is a small town in the middle of the Holmsland Dunes and placed around the artificial canal which connects Ringkøbing Fjord to the North Sea, in the western part of Central Denmark, formerly Ringkjøbing County. This small town is only home to around 3,500 inhabitants for much of the year, but during the months of July and August this can rise by as much to 20 times more with the area proving extremely popular with tourists looking for a quieter break away from city life and of course with watersport enthusiasts with the fjord creating a perfect playground for a vast array of sports. With the glassy flat water it will be interesting to see whether the conditions favour anyone different after the most extreme stop of the tour in Fuerteventura.

Slalom action

Women’s

As the girls prepare to enter their final event of the year, after South Korea, it is Lena Erdil (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360), who currently leads the way. This will be the first time that the 27 year old has led coming into an event, but from the sounds of it she is handling the pressure well, adding: “It’s the first time ever for me that I’m going into an event leading the tour. I know I probably should be extra stressed since from here I can only go down the ranking, but actually I’m quite calm”. Erdil showed tremendous pace in South Korea and if she can replicate that performance again she stands an excellent chance of collecting a maiden world crown.

Lena Erdil

Two-time slalom world champion — Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Maui Ultra Fins) — is currently Erdil’s closest contender after finishing second in South Korea. Offringa will be fired up to secure the victory as she goes in search of slalom world title No.3.

Sarah-Quita Offringa

The podium is currently completed by Delphine Cousin (Starboard / Gun Sails), who also has two world crowns to her name and you would expect to see another strong showing from the 25 year old as she looks to regain her world title having relinquished it last year.

[FONT=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif]Delphine Cousin

[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]

Behind the frontrunners are the likes of Turkish duo Cagla Kubat (Starboard / Point-7) and Fulya Ünlü — last year’s youth world champion — the Japanese contingent of Ayako Suzuki (Tabou / GA Sails / Mystic), Fujiko Onishi (Starboard / Point-7), Mio Anayama (Starboard / MauiSails) as well as Marion Mortefon (Patrik / Gun Sails), Valerie Ghibaudo (Tabou / GA Sails) and María Andrés (Fanatic / NorthSails) who will all be aiming to be in the top 10 of this currently 31 strong field.

Cagla Kubat

While fellow Scandinavian’s — Oda Johanne (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins), Marianne Rautelin Kaplas (Patrik / Loft Sails) and Miriam Rasmussen (Loft Sails) will all be hoping to make their presence felt.

Men’s

The men have had three events so far, which means a discard will come into play after the completion of the event here in Denmark.

As things currently stand Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / NorthSails) has opened up a small lead at the top of the rankings — having claimed one victory, a 3rd and a 4th thus far. The Frenchman has looked blisteringly quick throughout the season and you can expect to see another bold bid as the 27 year old looks to continue his challenge for a maiden world crown.

Pierre Mortefon

However, Mortefon, still doesn’t have much room for error with Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Point-7) and Ross Williams (Tabou / GA Sails / Mystic / Shamal Sunglasses) hot on his heels and both of them will be looking to discard their 7th and 8th place finishes ideally, which could potentially further reduce the gap at the top of the rankings.

Matteo Iachino

Unfortunately the event has come too soon for Pascal Toselli (99NoveNove / Challenger Sails) after the Frenchman suffered a dislocated shoulder in Fuerteventura, but he will hopefully be back fighting fit for the next event at the end of October — where he can look to defend his 4th place.

Pascal Toselli

After a slower than usual start to the season reigning world champion — Antoine Albeau (RRD / NeilPryde) — returned with a bang in Fuerteventura to claim his first victory of the season, which sees AA rise back into contention in 5th overall and he will now look to build a bit of momentum, while discarding the 17th place he currently holds from Costa Brava, Spain.

Antoine Albeau

Arnon Dagan (RRD / NeilPryde) and Julien Quentel (Patrik / Avanti) are currently neck and neck in 6th and 7th place and will once again be battling it out once more, while the top 10 is completed by Cyril Moussilmani (Starboard / Severne), Taty Frans (Starboard / GA Sails / Mystic) and Steve Allen (Patrik / Severne).

Julien Quentel

However, there will be plenty of other challengers hoping to throw themselves in the mix — including Tristan Algret (Starboard / Severne / Mystic), Cedric Bordes (Tabou / GA Sails), who earned his best result of the season so far in Fuerte — 6th — Jordy Vonk (Fanatic / NorthSails), Gonzalo Costa Hoevel (Starboard / Point-7) plus Ben Van der Steen (Tabou / GA Sails) as well as many others.

Cedric Bordes

Make sure you tune into www.pwaworldtour.com over the next 6 days to see how the battles for the titles develops — here you’ll be able to follow all of the blistering action as it happens via the PWA live stream.

To see all the latest from the event — including the live stream, elimination ladders, entry list, images and live ticker simply click%3D254%26cHash%3Dfd5e90acd2335723361ca2a4c257eaea"]HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

[/td]

[/tr]

</tbody>[/TABLE]
    [/FONT]

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• [TABLE='width: 100%']
    <tbody>

[tr]

[td]

[FONT=trebuchet ms, helvetica, sans-serif]Denmark

[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]

[/td]

[/tr]

</tbody>[/TABLE]
    [/FONT]

[TABLE='width: 100%']
    <tbody>

[tr]

[td]

The first day of the Hvide Sande PWA World Cup saw a slightly tricky, but ultimately successful start to the event as the opening elimination for both the men’s and women’s fleets were completed in marginal winds — 8-15 knots. Over the course of the afternoon there were several upsets along the way, however, there were no mistakes from either Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / NorthSails) or Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Maui Ultra Fins) and they deservedly head the rankings at the close of play.

Men's Winners' Final - Pierre Mortefon leading

Women’s

Sarah-Quita Offringa takes control of not only the event but also the world rankings after destroying the field in the final. The reigning world champion led from start to finish and had built an unassailable lead by the third buoy. If the 25 year old continues that sort of form it is hard to see anyone denying her a third slalom world title.

Sarah-Quita Offringa in control

Delphine Cousin Questel (Starboard / Gun Sails) rises to 2nd in the overall rankings after a third place finish in the winners’ final today. However, after looking in excellent form during the qualifying rounds things didn’t quite go to plan for — Lena Erdil (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360), who led the title race at the start of the day, and the Turk will be disappointed with her 7th place and will now be crossing her fingers that she is able to discard this result over the course of the week — keeping her title aspirations alive.

Delphine Cousin Questel

Maja Dziarnowska (RRD / RRD) made an eye catching debut on the PWA Slalom World Tour as the Pole secured a superb 2nd place and the 26 year old will be one to watch for the remainder of the event.

One to watch - Maja Dziarnowska

Men’s

Winners’ Final

Pierre Mortefon came into the event leading the world rankings and the Frenchman produced a faultless display to make the perfect start to the week by claiming a clear victory in the opening winners’ final of the week. After the first mark there was still all to play for, but with Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Point-7), Sebastian Kördel (Starboard / GA Sails) and Arnon Dagan (RRD / NeilPryde) locked in an intense battle this allowed Mortefon to sneak away from the chasing pack. Iachino, who is Mortefon’s closest contender as things stand, secured 2nd place followed by Kördel and Josh Angulo (Angulo), who cut his way back through the field, Julien Quentel (Patrik / Avanti) and Arnon Dagan, who eventually had to settle for 6th place.

Pierre Mortefon celebrates

Sebastian Kördel will be absolutely delighted with the start to his weeks work as the German earned his best result in an elimination by clinching a deserved 3rd place in the final. Kordel had look threatening all day and will now try to build upon a career best.

Sebastian Kördel clinches 3rd

However, while several of the top seeds fared well it was a day to forget for Ross Williams (Tabou / GA Sails / Mystic / Shamal Sunglasses), Antoine Albeau (RRD / NeilPryde), Taty Frans (Starboard / GA Sails / Mystic), Tristan Algret (Starboard / Severne / Mystic) and Ben Van der Steen (Tabou / GA Sails), who all took quarterfinal exits.

Antoine Albeau

Elsewhere, Ingmar Daldorf (Patrik / Loft Sails), qualified for the semifinals — finishing 14th in the opening race, while Bruno Martini (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360) had looked dangerous in the run up to the semifinals before he and Brazil’s Mateus Isaac (JP / NeilPryde) were both disqualified from Heat 14 for premature starts.

Ingmar Daldorf

The forecast for tomorrow doesn’t look particularly promising, but by Tuesday it looks as though the wind will return with 15-20 knots from the southwest being predicted. The skippers’ meeting for tomorrow has been called for 10:30am with a first possible start of 11am (GMT+2). Make sure you tune into www.pwaworldtour.com to stay up to date with all of the latest news.

To see all the latest from the event — including the live stream, elimination ladders, entry list, images and live ticker simply click %3D254%26cHash%3Dfd5e90acd2335723361ca2a4c257eaea"]HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

Current Rankings Hvide Sande PWA World Cup — Women’s Slalom

1st Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Mystic / Maui Ultra Fins)
    2nd Maja Dziarnowska (RRD / RRD)
    3rd Delphine Cousin Questel (Starboard / Gun Sails)
    4th Fujiko Onishi (Starboard / Point-7)
    5th Maëlle Guilbaud (Patrik / Loft Sails)

Current Rankings Hvide Sande PWA World Cup — Men’s Slalom

1st Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / NorthSails)
    2nd Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Point-7)
    3rd Sebastian Kördel (Tabou / GA Sails)
    4th Josh Angulo (Angulo)
    5th Julien Quentel (Patrik / Avanti)
    6th Arnon Dagan (RRD / NeilPryde)
    7th Cyril Moussilmani (Starboard / Severne)
    8th Andrea Cucchi (Starboard / Point-7)
    9th Gonzalo Costa Hoevel (Starboard / Point-7)
    10th Mateus Isaac (JP / NeilPryde)

[/td]

[/tr]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Da ist er.
    Weiß nicht was los ist.
    Beim 3. Long Distance war er unschlagbar. Vom Start weg uneinholbar vorn .

man sollte sich die Ruhe und Gelassenheit eines Stuhls zulegen, der muss auch mit jedem Arsch klar kommen

• Kein Wind gestern:

Summer returned on the second day in Hvide Sande, Denmark, with wall-to-wall sunshine and barely a breath of breeze, which was a start contrast to yesterday’s wet and windy conditions.

A beautiful day in Hvide Sande

With the racing on hold Taty Frans (Starboard / GA Sails / Mystic), Amado Vrieswijk (JP / Severne) and Davy Scheffers (Tabou / GA Sails) provided the entertainment during the afternoon with an explosive display of tow-in freestyle.

Amado Vrieswijk tow-in action in the harbour

Earlier in the day we caught up with a few sailors — including Sebastian Kördel (Starboard / GA Sails) — who earned his best result in a single race yesterday:

PWA: What was your previous best result in a single elimination before now?

SK: “I had a few 5th places before but a podium position feels different.”

PWA: You clinched 3rd yesterday — can you talk us through the race a bit and how you felt afterwards/now?

SK: “Right before the start of the winners final I noticed that it was super crowded on the pin. Everybody wanted to start low because the line was biased. I decided to keep clear of the pack and start more towards the boat. Worse positioning, but it's easier to hit the start perfectly, which I did. Coming to the gybe in second the next reach was the most intense. I had a drag race to the mark number two with Matteo [Iachino] and Arnon [Dagan]. I had to let Matteo go but I could hold Arnon back. After a decent second gybe I just settled for 3rd place and defended it to the finish line. I'm really happy with the result. I know, that it's only one race and the week is still long but I had a big smile on my face on the last reach.”

PWA: What originally made you want to slalom race?

SK: “Well, I'm just into racing in general and the PWA Slalom World Cup is the best and most thrilling way to race a windsurf board in my opinion.”

PWA: Aim for the rest of the week/season?

SK: “My aim is to give everything in the upcoming races and enjoy my time on the water. Season wise I want to improve my ranking from last year.”

PWA: Thanks, Sebastian, all the best for the remainder of the week.

Sebastian Kördel delighted with 3rd

Lena Erdil (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360) will be hoping for better things tomorrow: “I was happy to qualify for the finals of the first places with all my heats, but a small tactical mistake at the buoy cost me dearly, so I finished the first day with a 7th place... not what I was hoping is but on the flip-side we still have 3 more racing days ahead so hopefully lots more action to come.”

Lena Erdil

Kurosh Kiani (Starboard / Point-7) enjoying competing on home waters: “Yesterday we started off a memorable event - a PWA World Cup in Denmark. It’s simply amazing to be racing all the guys I normally compete with here in local grounds.

The first few days was spent getting our Danish Point-7 team to kick ass in the long distance which was the original "WaterZ" event here in Hvide Sande, and from yesterday, it’s been all about racing. With a crazy rainy forecast, we managed to complete one elimination round. I had to start in the very first heat because of my low seeding, but I managed to get through to the quarterfinals, where I was looking good to advance, but my boom clipped the last gybe buoy and I slowed down, which resulted in me being overtaken by two guys.. Will try to avoid that from now on. 3 more days to go, and some good winds coming during this week. Its damn great to be back and racing at home!”

Kurosh Kiani

Oda Johanne (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins) happy with a bright start with plenty of potential for even better: “Great racing yesterday here in Hvide Sande, Denmark! A huge battle with 31 girls. So far I'm in 9th place. Yesterday I finished second in the first round and unfortunately I missed out on the winners’ final by one place after struggling to get planing after a great start in the semifinal, but I’m still glad to finish 2nd place in the losers’ final! More racing tomorrow!”

Oda Johanne

The forecast looks excellent for tomorrow with the promise of 15-20 knot southwesterly winds for the majority of the day, which should ensure an action packed day three. The sailors will meet again tomorrow morning at 9am for the skippers’ meeting with the action commencing from 9:30am (GMT+2). Make sure you tune intowww.pwaworldtour.com to follow all of the exhilarating racing as it happens via the PWA live stream.

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• habe den ticker gefunden - weit unter dem videofenster

Moin, moin,

irgendwie bekomme ich zuhause hier den live-stream nicht geladen, hat irgendwer ´ne Idee woran es liegen könnte?? Bei der Arbeit klappts......

Danke und Gruß

Jürgen

• Dann geh arbeiten[emoji106] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

War ein Spaß! !
    In Süd , konnte ich heute mit Fernglas schön zuschauen. Aber nur wenn ich nicht selber surfen musste.[emoji41] [emoji41]

man sollte sich die Ruhe und Gelassenheit eines Stuhls zulegen, der muss auch mit jedem Arsch klar kommen

• Dann geh arbeiten[emoji106] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

War ein Spaß! !
    In Süd , konnte ich heute mit Fernglas schön zuschauen. Aber nur wenn ich nicht selber surfen musste.[emoji41] [emoji41]

Moin, moin Kaktus,

beste Grüße an den Ringköbing Fjord, wünsche dir ausreichend Wind und schönes Wetter.

Auf der Arbeit schaue ich natürlich nur auf den live-stream in Frühstücks- oder Mittagspause......;), nur zuhause bekomme ich den halt nicht auf den Bildschirm!?

Gruß, Jürgen

• ... Aber nur wenn ich nicht selber surfen musste.[emoji41] [emoji41]

Ist bestimmt hart, immer wieder aufs Wasser zu müssen :rolleyes:

Langer gewinnt eine Elimination. Wann hat es überhaupt mal ein Deutscher geschafft eine Slalomelimination zu gewinnen?
    Da gabs doch mal in den 90igern Ralle Bachschuster vor Sylt? Ob er wohl jetzt doch noch mal in den Slalomzirkus voll einsteigt?

Grüße
    teenie

• Anbei der gestrige Tag:

After a one day break in the wind the racing resumed on Day 3 of the Hvide Sande PWA World Cup as a further elimination for the men’s and women’s fleets were completed. Lena Erdil (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360) hauled herself back into the title race by securing a much needed victory in the second race to keep the pressure on Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Mystic / Maui Ultra Fins), while Vincent Langer (Fanatic / NorthSails) produced an immaculate display to deservedly record his first win on the tour.

Vincent Langer at full speed

Women’s

Elimination 2

Lena Erdil fought back on day three to keep her title aspirations alive by claiming victory in the second elimination. Erdil had started well on the opening day, but finished a disappointing 7th in the opening race, so the 27 year old knew it was imperative to produce a strong showing if she wanted to remain in the title race.

Lena Erdil keeping the title race alive

Victory today sees Erdil rise to 3rd in the event rankings, which keeps her in contact with Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Mystic / Maui Ultra Fins), who still leads the event and world rankings. The reigning world champion led the winners’ final into the first mark, but failed to make a clean exit from the first gybe and had to settle for 3rd place. However, Offringa, is still firmly in control with a 3.3 point advantage at the top of the rankings.

Sarah-Quita Offringa still in pole position

After a disappointing opening elimination Fulya Ünlü (Starboard / Severne) also fought back with an excellent 2nd place — coping superbly under pressure to keep Offringa at bay after an intense battle, which saw a photo finish as they crossed the finish line and the youth world champion rises to 7th in Hvide Sande.

Fulya Ünlü finds her form

Delphine Cousin Questel (Starboard / Gun Sails) currently holds 2nd place in the event rankings after a 4th place finish today, but the two-time word champion may have been hoping for slightly more as she goes in search of world title No.3.

Delphine Cousin Questel avoids the carnage

Elsewhere, Maja Dziarnowska (RRD / RRD) continued her excellent start to life on the PWA Slalom World Tour as the Pole qualified for another winners’ final before finishing 6th, which leaves her in 4th at the close of day three. Oda Johanne (Starboard / Severne / Maui Ultra Fins) produced a superb last gybe in the semifinals to cut inside Esther de Geus (JP / Point-7) to claim the last spot in the winners’ final — eventually finishing 8th to back up her 9th place in the opening race.

Maja Dziarnowska continues a fine start

Elimination 3

The opening round of the third race was also completed and there has already been several upsets with Marion Dusart (Patrik / Gun Sails), Ayako Suzuki (Tabou / GA Sails / Mystic) and Marion Mortefon (Patrik / Gun Sails) all falling in the quarterfinals.

Meanwhile, María Andrés (Fanatic / NorthSails) did well to navigate her way into the semifinals from an unlikely looking position in Heat 3 — showing excellent pace and gybes to reel in her rivals to secure 4th behind Cousin Questel, Maëlle Guilbaud (Patrik / Loft Sails) and Fujiko Onishi (Starboard / Point-7).

María Andrés

Men’s

Elimination 2

Winners’ Final

Vincent Langer (Fanatic / NorthSails) won both his quarter and semifinal in comprehensive fashion and continued his rich vein of form into the final. The German showed superb straight-line speed to hold the lead into the opening buoy ahead of Ben Van der Steen (Tabou / GA Sails), Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Point-7), Antoine Albeau (RRD / NeilPryde) and Ross Williams (Tabou / GA Sails / Mystic / Shamal Sunglasses) and from here Langer continued to extend his lead and was soon celebrating his first bullet on the world tour. Meanwhile, Van der Steen and Albeau bounced back from quarterfinal exits in the opening race to secure 2nd and 3rd place respectively with Taty Frans (Starboard / GA Sails / Mystic) finishing 4th.

Vincent Langer on top

Matteo Iachino claimed 5th place in the winners’ final, which sees the Italian rise to the top of the event rankings after the current world tour leader — Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / NorthSails) — missed out on a place in the winners’ final after a 5th place finish in Heat 14. The Frenchman then limited the damage by finishing 10th in Race 2 to remain 2nd overall — but Iachino now holds a 3.3 point lead at the top.

Matteo Iachino rises to No.1 at the event

Denmark’s Sebastian Kornum (JP / NeilPryde) produced a couple of cranking gybes in the quarters and semis to out manoeuvre his rivals around the buoys to book his place in the winners’ final. After an 8th place finish Kornum breaks into the current top 10 — 7th.

Sebastian Kornum cranks a gybe

Elimination 3

The major story of the men’s third race involves 23-time world champion — Antoine Albeau (RRD / NeilPryde), who looked as though he was set to recover from a slow first day. However, after his 3rd place finish in the previous race, AA, was eliminated from Heat 9 in tricky, light and gusty conditions, while Ross Williams, Arnon Dagan (RRD / NeilPryde), Ethan Westera (JP / GA Sails) and Nicolas Goyard (RRD / Point-7 / Mystic) all progressed. Albeau will now either have to pray for no more wind, so that this race cannot be completed, or that there is sufficient wind to allow for 7 races to be finished — bringing two discards into play.

A mixed bag for Antoine Albeau

The day was drawn to a close shortly before 7pm with the conditions failing to improve.

The forecast for tomorrow still offers some possibility for further racing, however, WindGuru predicts less wind than today with 9-14 knots. The skippers’ meeting has been called for 10am with the action commencing from 10:30am (GMT+2). Make sure you tune into www.pwaworldtour.com to follow all of the action as it happens via the PWA live stream.

To see all the latest from the event — including the live stream, elimination ladders, entry list, images and live ticker simply click%3D254%26cHash%3Dfd5e90acd2335723361ca2a4c257eaea"]HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page.

2nd Delphine Cousin Questel (Starboard / Gun Sails)
    3rd Lena Erdil (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360)
    4th Maja Dziarnowska (RRD / RRD)
    5th Fujiko Onishi (Starboard / Point-7)

1st Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Point-7)
    2nd Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / NorthSails)
    3rd Sebastian Kördel (Starboard / GA Sails)
    4th Vincent Langer (Fanatic / NorthSails)
    6th Andrea Cucchi (Starboard / Point-7)
    7th Sebastian Kornum (JP / NeilPryde)
    8th Mateus Isaac (JP / NeilPryde)
    9th Antoine Albeau (RRD / NeilPryde)
    10th Marco Lang (Fanatic / NorthSails)

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Kein Wind heute:

A marginal forecast for Day 4 of the Hvide Sande PWA World Cup saw the sailors remain on hold with the wind never really threatening to properly fill in. Over the course of the day several of the fleet still headed out onto the water, but the majority opted to fit in some more foil training.

Antoine Albeau

Lena Erdil (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360) on giving herself a fighting chance of clinching a maiden slalom world title: “After the first day didn’t go so well I was really happy to win the final which we ran yesterday as it gives me more of a chance of doing well over the remainder of the event. At the moment though we are waiting for wind and I’m just crossing my fingers that we are able to get some more racing in.”

Lena Erdil

Sebastian Kornum (JP / NeilPryde) had this to say upon reaching his first winners’ final during yesterday’s racing: “First of all it was a big surprise for me as I’ve had some injuries over the summer and haven’t been practising that much.

From the beginning of the day my gear felt great — we have some new masts now — offering a lot of control and they felt good in the gybes. In the end I managed to make the winners’ final and I almost couldn’t believe it — it was a great feeling.

I’ve been here before to coach a few junior camps, but haven’t spent much time on the water here myself. Of course I’m aware of how the weather can be and we’ve been quite lucky during the event with the temperature. I knew the place a little bit but not really enough to offer any sort of advantage I think.”

The 24 year old also holds some hope for the possibility of racing tomorrow, adding: “The local forecast actually looks OK for tomorrow — a little bit less than on Tuesday, but more from the southeast, which is a better direction for clean wind here.”

Sebastian Kornum

After a quiet day the sailors were released at 5:30pm and they will meet again tomorrow morning at 10am for the skippers’ meeting with a first possible start of 10:30am. The best prospect for racing tomorrow looks as though it will be in the afternoon again. Make sure you tune into www.pwaworldtour.com to follow all of the action as it happens via the PWA live stream.

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Weiter kein Wind:

The waiting game continued on the penultimate day of the 2016 Hvide Sande PWA World Cup. For a short time during the morning the wind looked as though it was going to pick up, but unfortunately the breeze fizzled out leaving the sailors on standby for another day.

Beautiful Danish coast

Women’s

Title Race

If things were to remain as they stand then Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Mystic / Maui Ultra Fins) would be crowned the PWA Women’s Slalom World Champion for the second successive season — which would be her 3rd slalom world title.

Offringa had this to say when asked about the title race: “At the moment I’m just trying to keep all that at the back of my mind because it’s not over until its over. Of course I’m aware that I’m in a really good position, but I’m not celebrating anything yet. I’d also love to go racing, but lets see what happens.”

The title race isn’t quite over yet though with Lena Erdil (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360) still in with a chance of winning a maiden world crown. However, the 27 year old would need to finish in at least 2nd place here.

Sarah-Quita Offring and Lena Erdil

In the event of one further race this would mean that Erdil would need to beat Delphine Cousin (Starboard / Gun Sails) by at least one place as this would see her rise into 2nd place, which would then mean Offringa and Erdil finish the season level on 4,167 points. Erdil would then be crowned champion on count back — having beaten Offringa more times this season with Erdil also winning the sole elimination completed in Korea earlier this year.

Men’s

Meanwhile, in the men’s division if things were to finish as they are now then Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Point-7) and Pierre Mortefon (Fanatic / NorthSails) would be tied on 6,201 points after 4 events with two more to go in Sylt, Germany, and La Torche, France. Iachino, would actually regain a narrow lead for the first time since South Korea with the 26 year old edging ahead on count back with two victories this season.

Matteo Iachino

The forecast for tomorrow looks very similar today with a moderate breeze being predicted, but from the west. The best chance for racing looks as though it will come in the morning so the skippers’ meeting has been called for 9am with the action commencing from 9:30am (GMT+2) — if conditions allow. Make sure you tune intowww.pwaworldtour.com to follow all of the action as it happens via the PWA live stream.

4th Maja Dziarnowska (RRD / RRD)

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Das war es am Fjord:

The final day of the 2016 Hvide Sande PWA World Cup saw an intense finish to the event even though it wasn’t possible to complete any further racing. During the morning there was barely a breath of wind, but during the afternoon a marginal breeze built — creating a nail biting wait for Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Maui Ultra Fins) and Matteo Iachino (Starboard / Point-7), who led the event at the time — with Offringa on the verge of a 3rd slalom world crown.

Forever blowing bubbles - Sarah-Quita Offringa

However, the wind remained between 5-12 knots and with no further sign of improvement the sailors were released at 4:30pm — guaranteeing Offringa back-to-back slalom world titles and Iachino a second victory of the season, which sends the Italian to the top of the rankings for the first time since South Korea.

Sarah-Quita Offringa reacts after capturing her 3rd slalom world title — 12th overall — and her 2nd world title this season after winning her 9th freestyle world crown earlier this year: “I’m very happy. I was emotional when the event was officially called off because it’s been a stressful day with the conditions right on the edge, so it was pretty nerve wracking. It’s great to see so many girls competing with such a high level and hopefully that’s a good sign for the future. Thanks to all of my sponsors and much love to my family and friends for their non-stop support.”

Champagne moment - Lena Erdil, Sarah-Quita Offringa & Delphine Cousin Questel (left to right)

Lena Erdil (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360) ends 2016 as the vice-world champion: “I didn’t really realise how close I was to winning the title and that 2nd here would’ve been enough. I’m still really happy to win the second race here and to have won two out of the three races completed this year. Second place isn’t a bad result and at the start of the season I’d have probably taken it if it was offered. Its also great to see the fleet getting stronger and stronger and things look exciting for the future.”

Lena Erdil - vice-world champion

Matteo Iachino returns to the top of the rankings: “I came here before the event, but the conditions were completely different when we started competing. I won in Korea and didn’t have the bestCosta Brava and was solid in Fuerte. Now I’m really happy to be leading. Me and Pierre have the same points but I think I lead because I’ve managed to win two events this year. It looks like it is going to be another exciting title race with two events to go."

Matteo Iachino in the winners enclosure

Sebastian Kördel (Starboard / GA Sails) earns a maiden podium: “This is two firsts for me even though I finished 3rd here. This was my first time to visit Denmark and my first podium finish on the world tour, which is a dream come true for me. This is only my second full year on tour, so I really wasn’t expecting this to happen so soon. It’s amazing. Denmark is also very beautiful and I hope that we have the opportunity to come back for several years to come.”

Sebastian Kördel best result of his career

That concludes the first ever Hvide Sande PWA World Cup and the PWA would like to extend their thanks to all of the sponsors who made the event possible and offer their congratulations to all of the winners. We’ll be back on the 19th September until the 24th September for the next installment of radical waves from Cold Hawaii.

Overall Ranking 2016 Women’s PWA Slalom World Tour

1st Sarah-Quita Offringa (Starboard / NeilPryde / Maui Ultra Fins)
    2nd Lena Erdil (Starboard / Point-7 / AL360)
    3rd Delphine Cousin Questel (Starboard / Gun Sails)
    4th Fujiko Onishi (Starboard / Point-7)
    5th Fulya Ünlü (Starboard / Severne)

Overall Ranking 2016 Hvide Sande PWA World Cup — Women’s Slalom

4th Maja Dziarnowska (RRD / RRD Sails)

Overall Ranking 2016 Hvide Sande PWA World Cup — Men’s Slalom

Current Rankings 2016 Men’s PWA World Cup

3rd Ross Williams (Tabou / GA Sails / Mystic / Shamal Sunglasses)
    4th Julien Quentel (Patrik / Avanti)
    5th Antoine Albeau (RRD / NeilPryde)
    6th Pascal Toselli (99NoveNove / Challenger Sails)
    7th Andrea Cucchi (Starboard / Point-7)
    8th Arnon Dagan (RRD / NeilPryde)
    9th Taty Frans (Starboard / GA Sails / Mystic)
    10th Cyril Moussilmani (Starboard / Severne)

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.