Windsurfing Euro-Cup in Torbole: Deutsche Teilnehmer in Top-Form

• Zur Info:

Windsurfing Euro-Cup in Torbole: Deutsche Teilnehmer in Top-Form

Vom 23. - 26 April findet der erste Windsurfing Euro-Cup in Torboole (Italien) statt. Am ersten Veranstaltungstag konnten gleich zwei vollständige Slalomeliminationen gefahren werden. Unter den 48 Teilnehmern aus 12 verschiedenen Nationen befinden sich auch vier deutsche Starter. Vincent Langer (GER-1), Sebastian Kördel (GER-220), Moritz Bochnia (GER-9) und Nicolas (GER-7) zeigen sich in Top-Form!

Aktuell auf Platz eins liegt der Italiener Bruno Martini (ITA-160) vor dem Holländer Ingmar Daldorf (NED-191). Auf Platz drei und vier folgen Vincent Langer und Nicolas Prien. Beide haben aktuell 11,0 Punkte. Nur durch die Tie-Break Regelung kann sich Langer an Prien vorbei schieben. Nico: Der Wind war heute teilweise extrem stark. Bei bis zu 30 Knoten war ich mit 7.7 oder sogar 7.0 unterwegs. Beide Eliminationen liefen bei mir sehr gut und ich freue mich über die gute Platzierung nach dem ersten Tag.

Auf Platz fünf folgt die nächste Punktgleichheit, diesmal zwischen Sebastian Kördel und Bora Kozanoglu (TUR-11). Durch den Tie-Break kann sich Kördel über Platz fünf freuen und verweist Kozanoglu auf den sechsten Rang.“Mein Speed ist ziemlich gut. Leider hatte ich zwei schlechte Starts in den Finals und konnte über den kurzen Kurs leider nicht mehr so viel aufholen. Aber es folgen noch drei Tage, wo ich definitiv noch aufholen werde,“so Kördel

Moritz Bochnia komplettiert die Top-10 des ersten Regattatages. In der ersten Elimination des Tages konnte er sich bis auf den neunten Platz vorkämpfen. Kurz vor dem Start der zweiten Elimination riss ihm leider die Fussschlaufe, so dass er diesen Heat abbrechen musste. Im B-Finale kam er dann mit voller Kraft und heilem Material zurück und sicherte sich den Sieg.

Können unsere deutschen Teilnehmer ihre Platzierungen halten oder sogar noch ausbauen? Folgt uns auf Twitter: https://twitter.com/WindsurfEuroCup

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Choppy Water GmbH
    Brammersoll 2
    D- 24235 Stein
    Germany

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Hallo,

untenstehend findest Du das Press Release für Tag 1 beim Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole.

Hier findest Du die Ergebnisse nach Tag 1:

http://euro-cup.org/uploads/EC-Torbole_ProvResult_Day1.pdf

Angehängt auch ein paar Bilder.

BR,

Matthias

+++++++++++

Media Info: Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole - Day 1:

Bruno Martini (ITA-160) leading after two eliminations

Today the Windsurfing Euro-Cup season has kicked off in Torbole at the Lake Garda in Italy. Just as planned the famous Ora wind kicked in with 18 to 25 knots and provided perfect slalom conditions. Two complete eliminations were run on the opening day. Winner of the day is Bruno Martini (ITA-160) from Italy who is currently leading the fleet.

In the first elimination Andrea Cucchi (ITA-1) took advantage of his local knowledge. The Point-7 boss dominated the final of the first elimination. On his heals he had Ingmar Daldorf (NED-191) from the Netherlands. The third place went to Bruno Martini (ITA-160). Maciek Rutkowski (POL-23) from Poland and Nicolas Prien (GER-7) from Germany completed the top-5 of the first elimination.

The wind conditions were still great. So the fleet was re-seeded according to the results of elimination 1 and sent out for a second round. This time Bruno Martini was able to score his first bullet. Ingmar Daldorf proved his great performance and finished again on the second place. Bora Kozanoglu (TUR-11) from Turkey had a great comeback in the second elimination after his boom broke in the final of the first elimination. Now he scored a solid third place. Andrea Rosati (ITA-0) also had a great improvement in the second elimination with place four, now. Vincent Langer (GER-1), the Slalom Vice-Worldchampion from 2013 had a stunning speed. After a bad start he sneaked into the fifth place.

After two eliminations Bruno Martini (ITA-160) can be proud about a third and a first place and is leading the fleet with a score of 3,7 points. „Today the wind was really strong and gusty. Very strange for the Lake. I felt really good. For the first elimination I went on the water with my big stuff: 8,6 and 122. l but after one fast run I saw the wind getting really really strong like 22 to 25 knots. So I switched to my medium stuff 7,8 Firewing and 114 X-FIRE. So in the end: Long day! - after two races I am really happy about my result!“ smiles the flying Italian.

Just 0,3 points behind is Ingmar Daldorf after two second places giving him a score of 4,0. „I am really happy with my second place, it was difficult to choose the right size but the racing was great. Hope we get some more days like this.“ says the sympathic Dutch racer.

The third place delivers already the first tie. The two Germans: Nicolas Prien and Vincent Langer both have 11,0 points. Only the tiebreak rules kick the youngster Prien on place four. But Nico Prien smiles „The wind was sometimes extremely strong. Everybody was out on his 7,7 or even 7,0. I was able to show a solid strong performance in both eliminations. So I am happy to be in such a strong position after the first day.“ Vincent Langer adds „It was a long and tough day on the water. Some starts were critical and might have been called off for over earlies. But now I focus on tomorrow when it is time for me to attack.“

The next tie follows on position five where Sebastian Kördel (GER-220) and Bora Kozanoglu both have 15,0 points. Thanks to the tiebreak rules the German sneaks into the front and summarizes „Today was the first day of the Windsurfing Euro- Cup here at Lake Garda. My board speed was good. However, I had some really bad starts in the two finals and couldn't catch up all the way on the short course. It is three more days to go for the final results and I think I can still improve a lot.“

And to complete the triple of ties Markus Pöltenstein and Andrea Rosati follow just 2,0 points behind with a score of 17,0 points on place seven and eight. Andrea Ferin (ITA-1111 / 21,0 points) and Jan-Moritz Bochnia (GER-9 / 22,0 points) are completing the top-10 after the second day.

For the second day the riders expect again good slalom conditions and there are still three days to go. So everything is still open and nothing is decided, yet. After the fourth elimination the first discard will come into play. This would enable all the riders with a missing or bad result to get rid o fit and will move the scores closer together. So stay tuned for more slalom action from the Windsurfing Euro-Cup in Torbole!

+++++

Top-10 after day1 (2 eliminations):

Place: Sail Number Competitor:
    1 ITA-160 Bruno Martini
    2 NED-191 Ingmar Daldorf
    3 GER-1 Vincent Langer
    4 GER-7 Nicolas Prien
    5 GER-220 Sebastian Kördel
    6 TUR-11 Bora Kozanoglu
    7 AUT-30 Markus Pöltenstein
    8 ITA-0 Andrea Rosati
    9 ITA-1111 Andrea Ferin
    10 GER-9 Jan-Moritz Bochnia

+++++++++++

Choppy Water GmbH
    Brammersoll 2
    D- 24235 Stein
    Germany

Dieser Text wurde nach alter, neuer und eigener Rechtschreibung geschrieben und ist daher fehlerfrei!
    Tipp Weltmeister F1 2011 & 2013, Tipp Team-Weltmeister F1 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021!

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Medieninformation:

Deutsche Slalompiloten dominieren Windsurfing Euro-Cup in Torbole

Der zweite Tag des Windsurfing Euro-Cup in Torbole bot den Teilnehmer erneut exzellente Slalombedingungen. Wie am Gardasee üblich, setze gegen Mittag der erwünschte Wind mit rund 18 Knoten ein. Insgesamt konnten zwei weitere Eliminationen gefahren wurden. Vincent Langer (GER-1) und Sebastian Kördel (GER-220) konnten jeweils ein Rennen gewinnen und sicherten sich somit die Top-Positionen des heutigen Tages.

Bereits in der ersten Elimination des Tages legten Kördel und Langer einen Traumstart hin und führten somit das Feld an. Beide lieferten sich spannende Positionskämpfe an den Tonnen. Kurz vor dem Ziel zeigte Kördel sein Potential und zog an Langer vorbei. Der Italiener Andrea Rosati (ITA-0) blieb den beiden Führenden dicht auf den Fersen und sicherte sich schließlich Platz drei. Nachdem Maciek Rutkowski (POL-23) am ersten Regattatag einen Heat verpasst und einmal falsch startete fand er heute zu seiner gewohnten Form zurück und fuhr als Vierter in Ziel. Marco Begalli (ITA-415) komplettierte die Top-5.

In Elimination vier dominierte Vincent Langer das Finale und verwies diesmal Sebastian Kördel auf Platz 2. Eine beeindruckende Leistung zeigte Nicolas Prien (GER-7), der sich von Elimination zu Elimination steigerte und schließlich als Dritter durch das Ziel fuhr. „Der Gardasee liefert uns optimale Slalombedingungen. In der ersten Elimination habe ich leider das falsche Material gewählt und landete nur auf Platz sieben. In der Zweiten habe ich dann auf mein 8.4 WARP und 138 Falcon gewechselt und fühlte mich unglaublich schnell und sicher auf dieser Kombination. Ich freue mich schon auf morgen!“, so Nico. Bora Kozanloglu (TUR-11) und Ingmar Daldorf (NED-191) folgten auf Platz vier und fünf.

Mit insgesamt vier vollständigen Eliminationen, kann nun jeder Teilnehmer sein schlechtestes Ergebnis streichen. Somit bringt der zweite Tag eine Neuordnung des Overall-Rankings. Mit seiner Top-Leistung zieht Vincent Langer an allen vorbei und sichert sich aktuell mit 7.7 Punkten Platz eins. Aufrgund seiner konstant guten Performance liegt Ingmar Daldorf aktuell auf Platz zwei (9,0). Rang drei geht an Sebastian Kördel (9,7), vor Nico Prien (14,0). Der Sieger des Vortages, Bruno Martini konnte seine Position nicht verteidigen und wurde auf Platz fünf (15,7) durchgereicht.

+++

Top-10 after day 2 (4 eliminations / 1 discard):

1 GER-1 Vincnet Langer
    2 NED-191 Ingmar Daldorf
    3 GER-220 Sebastian Kördel
    4 GER-7 Nicolas Prien
    5 ITA-160 Bruno Martini
    6 POL-23 Maciek Rutkowski
    7 ITA-0 Andrea Rosati
    8 TUR-11 Bora Kozanoglu
    9 ITA-415 Marco Begalli
    10 ITA-30 Markus Pöltenstein

Choppy Water GmbH
    Brammersoll 2
    D- 24235 Stein
    Germany

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Media Info: Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole - Day 2: German Domination at Lake Garda

The second day of the Windsurfing Euro-Cup in Torbole provided again perfect slalom conditions. The Ora came on time, so the first elimination of the day started around midday. The race crew of the Circolo Surf Torbole was able to run another two slalom eliminations so that at the end of day two the provisional result has already on a solid base of four slalom rounds including one discard. This was the day of the Germans here at Lake Garda. Sebastian Kördel and Vincent Langer both scored victories and ensured top positions in the results.

The German Sebastian Kördel (GER-220) was not satisfied with his result on day one and promised to improve on the next days. Elimination number 3 gave him the chance and he didn’t hesitate taking the victory in this race. So after two bad starts in the finals on day one, he was suddenly in attacking position for the podium. Closely after him follows Vincent Langer (GER-1) on place two. The IFCA Slalom Vice Worldchampion from 2013 was also not satisfied with his result on day one. With his second place the German was now confirming his ambitions for the podium. Andrea Rosati (ITA-0) was getting stronger and stronger and finished on place three. The second racing day is also better for Maciek Rutkowski (POL-23) - no wrong or missed heat for him today. He finished at place four. Marco Begalli (ITA-415) completed the top-5.

In Elimination number four Vincent Langer was able to dominate in the final. Sebastian Kördel confirmed his strong result from the elimination three with a second place. The young German hotshot Nicolas Prien continued to surprise the experts with a brilliant third place. Bora Kozanoglu (TUR-11) fighted against Ingmar Daldorf (NED-191) around the following positions. At the end Kozanoglu finished on place four in front of Daldorf on place five.

Nico: „Lake Garda delivered amazing slalom conditions again. In the first elimination of the day I didn't pick the right set up and couldn't find my speed which ended up in a 7th place. In the today's 2nd elimination I went on my 8.4 WARP and 138 Falcon. I felt quite fast on this combination, won the semifinal by far and ended up on a 3rd position. I'm happy with that and I'm looking forward to improve!“

At the end of day two the Circolo Surf Torbole can be proud about four complete eliminations. This is also giving each competitor one discard. The second day brings a change in the rankings. Vincent Langer takes the lead with a score of 7,7 points. With a strong performance Ingmar Daldorf (NED-191) owns the second place with 9.0 points. Sebastian Kördel found back to his ground speed and fighted against Langer around the positions. He is actually on place 3rd (9.7 point). On his heals follows Nicolas Prien with 14.0 points. „It was a hard day, but I’m happy that I could show my whole potential today. I’m looking forward to the next fights against Vincent,“ smiles Sebastian Kördel. The leader of the first day, Bruno Martini could not defend his position. He completes the Top-5 of the overall-ranking until 4 eliminations.

+++++

Top-10 after day 2 (4 eliminations / 1 discard):

1 GER-1 Vincnet Langer
    2 NED-191 Ingmar Daldorf
    3 GER-220 Sebastian Kördel
    4 GER-7 Nicolas Prien
    5 ITA-160 Bruno Martini
    6 POL-23 Maciek Rutkowski
    7 ITA-0 Andrea Rosati
    8 TUR-11 Bora Kozanoglu
    9 ITA-415 Marco Begalli
    10 ITA-30 Markus Pöltenstein
    Choppy Water GmbH
    Brammersoll 2
    D- 24235 Stein
    Germany

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.

• Schade, dass Gunnar nicht dabei ist - vier Deutsche vorne wäre ja echt ein Statement! Aber drei ist auch schon der Hammer: Weiter so Jungs und manifestiert Eure Positionen!

• Wo sind denn die ganzen Franzosen? Gibts irgendwo ne Konkurenzveranstaltung oder fahren die nur noch Worldcup?

wissen ist macht. nicht wissen macht auch nichts.

• Das muss ganz klar an der genialen Gabellieferung liegen :D:

Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole: Sebastian Kördel unbeatable!

After two hard days at the windsurfing Euro-Cup in Torbole the Ora granted the competitors a little time to relax. Around noon, when the Ora usually kicks in, the Circolo Surf Center started with a beginners windsurf training - no good sign for the day! But around 4pm the wind was coming and the excitement in the competitors camp could be felt. 8.6 or 7.7 square meter sail size was the key question of the day. Constant 16 knots of wind blew over the course area and provided excellent conditions for the the elimination number five of the Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole.

Nicolas Prien (GER-7), Thomas Fauster (ITA-106), Andrea Rosati (ITA-0), Andrea, Ferin (ITA-111), Marco Begalli (ITA-415), Ingmar Daldorf (NED-191), Vincent Langer (GER-1), Bruno Martini (ITA-160), Maciek Rutkowski (POL-23), Bora Zozanoglu (TUR-11) and Jan-Moritz Bochnia (GER-9) managed to qualify for the A-Final.

The green flag was up at 5:30pm - Start okay! Only some minutes before the first competitors finished, the race crew had to break up. The wind was to gusty and unstable. But after a few minutes the crew could restart the final. This time the wind was sufficient.

Sebastian Kördel and Vincent Langer maintained their impressive performance from the previous day and lead the fleet right from the start. This time Kördel managed to save the first position. Langer scored place two. Close behind Bruno Martini and Maciek Rutkoswki were fighting for the positions. The Italian Martini finished as third, pushing Maciek Rutkowski from Poland to fourth place. The young German talent, Nicolas Prien continued his top form and finished on place five.

With the completion of the 5th elimination the competitors get the second discard. With two victories and one second place Sebastian Kördel managed to take the lead of the result list of the Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole after the third day. Kördel: „I’m on top - perfect!“

But Kördel is far away from being save. He can feel Vincent Langers hot breath in his neck. The IFCA Slalom Vice-Worldchampion from 2013 is on his heals with 4.7 points. Langer also has the better discards. So he is in a strong position to fight for the event victory on the final day. „It will be a tough race tomorrow - I’m looking forward to the fight!“ - Langer.

Bruno Martini, the leader from day one, is back in the game. With his third place today, he climbs up to overall 3rd position. After two days of fighting Ingmar Daldorf had to give up his podium position. A ninth place was simply not enough to withstand the pressure of his opponents. So the Dutch racers dropped down to the fourth place after day three. The Polish hotblood Maciek Rutkowski (POL-23) is currently on place five.

Tomorrow is the last day of the Windsurfing Euo-Cup in Torbole. The sailers and the crew want to complete minimum one more elimination.

Choppy Water GmbH
    Brammersoll 2
    D- 24235 Stein
    Germany

• +++++++++++

Sebastian Kördel wins the Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole 2015

The kick-off event of the Windsurfing Euro-Cup season 2015 is over now. 48 competitors from 12 different nations participated in the Garda Trentino Euro-Cup in Torbole. On three out of four regatta days it was possible to run competitions and the race crew managed achieve a total of five completed eliminations giving the competitors two discards. The Circolo Surf Torbole at Lake Garda proved to be a perfect venue for high profile competitions. So the event was a big success. Sebastian Kördel (GER-220) is the winner of the first Windsurfing Euro-Cup event of the 2015 season with Vincent Langer (GER-1) and Bruno Martini (ITA-160) an the places two and three.

On the first day of the event two eliminations were run in challenging conditions. The famous Ora wind kicked in unusually strong with wind speeds between 18 and 25 knots. gusts were reaching up to 30 knots. The Italian racing legend and Lake Garda local Andrea Cucchi (ITA-1) used his knowledge about the conditions at this venue to his advantage and was able to win the opening elimination. The second elimination of the day was won Bruno Martini (ITA-160). With this victory the Italian also gained the lead in the result list after day 2. Ingmar Daldorf (NED-191) from the Netherlands stayed closed behind with a very consistent and strong performance in the form of two second places. It seamed as if nobody would be able to stop the two.

But on the second day the German competitors unleashed their power. Another two eliminations were run in ideal slalom conditions. Sebastian Kördel and Vincent Langer (GER-1) dominated the day. Both scored one elimination victory and one second place. The young German hotshot Nicolas Prien (GER-7) surprised the experts with a 3rd place in elimination 4 and confirmed the excellent impression he left already on the first day. After four eliminations and one discard the event results were complete mixed up at the end of day 2. Vincent Langer took the lead followed by Ingmar Daldorf, Sebastian Kördel and Nico Prien. The leader of the first day, Bruno Martini dropped down to position five.

Day three first looked like a relaxing day for everybody. But better late then never the Ora wind arrived with 15 to 18 knots enabling the race crew of the Circolo Surf Torbole to run the 5th elimination of the regatta. This was the day of Sebastian Kördel. The German pro dominated this race in front of Vincent Langer and Bruno Martini who returned to his strong form of the opening day.

On the final day, everybody hoped for at least one more race on Lake Garda, but unfortunately the wind was not strong and consistent enough. The race crew tried to start a sixth elimination. But after an unsuccessful starting attempt the competition was closed and the Garda Trentino Euro-Cup came to end.

The big winner of the Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole is the German Sebastian Kördel. With five eliminations completed the competitors have two discards. Together with his impressive performance on the days two and three this gave Kördel the chance to get rid of his weaker results from the opening day. This left him with two elimination victories and one second place and a total score of 3,4 points. "I did it! Today, there was no more racing so I won the Eurocup here at the lake garda. It was a hard fight and I'm happy that the winter training paid off so early in the season. Thanks a lot to my Sponsors and for your support."

Vincent Langer, the IFCA Slalom Vice World Champion from 2013 also left a great impression. With two second places and one bullet he sums up to 4,7 points. It is interesting to see that both Germans needs the first day to get used to the conditions but then completely dominated the Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole.

Italys Bruno Martini celebrated a great comeback on the final day and can ensure the Italian presence on the podium in his home event with 6,7 points.

Ingmar Daldorf had a strong start into the regatta. But then he got weaker. So he had to let the Germans and Martini go. Nonetheless he can be proud about his fourth place with 9,0 points.

Maciek Rutkowski (POL-23) from Poland had a few ups and downs in this regatta. But overall he presents a strong performance. With 12,0 points he completes the top-5. "5th in the first Windsurfing Euro-Cup of the year here in Garda. Definetly not the result I wanted, but a good experience and a very good opportunity to tune the gear til the last details."

After the Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole most of the racers are heading onwards to the first PWA slalom event in Korea or to various national competitions. But already in two weeks many of them will meet again for the second Windsurfing Euro-Cup of the season. From May 12th to 17th the Summer Opening on Sylt invites slalom competitors and Formula racers to the North Sea with a total prize money of € 10.000,-. This event will also be the chance for many competitors who have not participated in Torbole to enter the fight for the official IFCA Slalom European Championship title. Only a maximum of the best three events of each competitors count for the annual ranking list and the title. So there are still plenty of chances to score.

+++++++++++

Top-10 Windsurfing Euro-Cup Torbole Lake Garda 2015:

Place Sail Number Competitor
    1 GER-220 Sebastian Kördel
    2 GER-1 Vincent Langer
    3 ITA-160 Bruno Martini
    4 NED-191 Ingmar Daldorf
    5 POL-23 Maciek Rutkowski
    6 ITA- 0 Andrea Rosati
    7 GER-7 Nicolas Prien
    8 TUR-11 Bora Kozanoglu
    9 ITA-415 Marco Begalli
    10 ITA-106 Thomas Fauster

Choppy Water GmbH
    Brammersoll 2
    D- 24235 Stein
    Germany

Tel.: +49 (0) 43 43 - 49 46 4 - 15
    Fax.: +49 (0) 43 43 - 49 46 4 - 10

Check out:
    Surf-Wiki.com
    Windcraft-Sports.de

Verbrauch derzeit:
    810081.png, mit C253.
    595812.png, mit R107.
    896532.png, mit E28.