Kiter gegen Windsurfer -> Windsurfer tot

• Lieber Mias.Ich störe mich doch nur dran,daß Daddy schreibt rechte Hand am Mast ist Steuerbord.Das ist falsch . Wolfgang

das ist nicht falsch

der wind kommt dann von steuerbord

die definition im deutschsprachigen bereich ist seit über 10 jahren ...wind von steuerbord oder backbord...

die definition backbordbug wurde wegen missverständlcihkeit schon lange abgeschafft ( hält sich in vielen köpfen aber, genau wie PS / kW)

• Ja. Es wurde dem Englischen angeglichen ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tack_(sailing) ).

Und das mit Kiter in Lee ist wegen ihrer Auslenkung des Schirms nach Lee wünschenswert. Nur unpraktisch bei Windrichtungswechsel. Wobei, wenn die vorrangige Windrichtung bekannt ist, z.B. in Vargas auf Gran Canaria sind die Kiter in Lee, könnte das klappen. Gibt aber auch keine Probleme, wenn wie am Brouwersdam die Kiter, zwar in Luv, von den Windsurfern räumlich getrennt sind.

Tja, Rücksicht ist das A und O. Ich denke es wird irgendwann eine allgemeine Helmpflicht geben.

• Hey ggh You should get your facts right before you spin such bull****! I was the kite surfer run down by the sailboarder at shearwater. I was on a starboard tack out from the beach when I realized the guy coming at me ( with 2 others sailboarders beside & downwind of him) was not going to give way I turned downwind only for him to do the same and run over the top of me. And no I didn't piss off you f#ckwit. I copped the full brunt of his board in my thigh, spent next 5 minutes trying to compose myself, 10 minutes body dragging around trying to find my board ( which I eventually found on the beach with a 2' gash in it) and then hobbled to my car to get 2 weeks of physio. And no you didn't speak to me at the time, you didn't bother to ask if I was ok and you didnt bother to help me. In fact you are completely full of **** because if you cared to check you would have seen me lying on my back in the water for quite some time letting the shock wash off and trying to check if the bone was sticking out of my leg somewhere. You also didn't mention that the first thing I did was check on the windsurfer and ask if he was ok before I even checked on myself. I know you didn't even bother because I was lying right behind you watching you. So get off your soapbox, spreading bull**** and making out like youre some sort of ****ing holier than thou!! Derek Nicholson

Hier der original Kommentar des Kiters mit seinem vollen Namen

• Accident happened late afternoon on the Almanarre beach. Windsurfers and kiters have packed their gear and handed back the bay to the strong wind which had set on the spot, one of France’s most famous ones. But a drama had just happened, a drama that some could feel coming for a few months now. A collision happened around 4 pm between a kitesurf and a windsurf. In a couple of seconds, faster than the wind, a windsurfer was in the water, shellshocked. The Kitesurfer turned away. Not far, a friend of the victim, on a windsurf too, rushes to rescue him, keeps his head out of the water. But it’s another kitesurfer that rushes to the beach to call for help. A young local asks for a dinghy and urgently goes to the rescue of the two windsurfers in the bay. The rest of the story is sadly usual. The fire brigade and rescue team arrive, close to Robinson? And then begin long minutes of resuscitation. At a distance, the locals are worried, talk about the difficult cohabitation between kites and w/surfers on windy days. But for this Bandol citizen, addicted to windsurf for 30 years, fun turned into drama. Despite the rescue team’s long effort, the w/surfer, retired from work for just 6 month has died; A victim’s friend, patiently waiting for the verdict says : “I don’t see a solution. A part from banning kitsurfing like at “six fours”. My friend was an experienced sailor, he came here for the easterly; He would never take inconsiderate risks” Shocked : On the beach, pascal Boulanger, who runs the windsurf school, doesn’t want to point the finger at kitersurf. “What really shocks me is that the guy just went away like that, without rescuing the windsurfer. I’m really shocked, I can’t understand. Sportsmen don’t behave like that” The debate is open, install stricter rules, or ban this sport, synonym of freedom and fun for those who do it? Have a license to kitesurf ? After the doubts, the pain and the questions, it’s time to bring the right answers.

und hier der Bericht eines Windsurfers

• Hey ggh You should get your facts right before you spin such bull****! I was the kite surfer run down by the sailboarder at shearwater. I was on a starboard tack out from the beach when I realized the guy coming at me ( with 2 others sailboarders beside & downwind of him) was not going to give way I turned downwind only for him to do the same and run over the top of me. And no I didn't piss off you f#ckwit. I copped the full brunt of his board in my thigh, spent next 5 minutes trying to compose myself, 10 minutes body dragging around trying to find my board ( which I eventually found on the beach with a 2' gash in it) and then hobbled to my car to get 2 weeks of physio. And no you didn't speak to me at the time, you didn't bother to ask if I was ok and you didnt bother to help me. In fact you are completely full of **** because if you cared to check you would have seen me lying on my back in the water for quite some time letting the shock wash off and trying to check if the bone was sticking out of my leg somewhere. You also didn't mention that the first thing I did was check on the windsurfer and ask if he was ok before I even checked on myself. I know you didn't even bother because I was lying right behind you watching you. So get off your soapbox, spreading bull**** and making out like youre some sort of ****ing holier than thou!! Derek Nicholson

Da ging es um einen anderen Vorfall vor ein paar Monaten in Shearwater....

wissen ist macht. nicht wissen macht auch nichts.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Slaughthammer ()

• Vor ca. 10 Jahren oder so gab es dort schon mal einen Todesfall, ein im Wasser liegender Windsurfer wurde von einem anderen Windsurfer überfahren und mit der Finne aufgeschlitzt. Den Täter hat man nie ermitteln können.

Ich bin oft dort unten und achte beim Surfen darauf, daß ich mich von französischen Lokals oder noch mehr von den hirnlosen Italienern fernhalte. Das mögen Vorurteile sein, aber nachdem ich dort schon einige Male einen "near miss" der besonderen Art hatte bleibe ich eben von den übervölkerten Stellen fern, gibt dort genug Platz für alle!
    Mein letzter "near miss" war übrigens letzte Woche am Weidefelder Strand in good old germany, Deppen gibt es überall, sein Cut back beendete er 50 cm neben mir. Nix passiert - Glück gehabt.

soweit ich das austral forum verstanden habe ist der vrash den du zitierst in australien passiert, ggh hat in der diskussion erwaähnt dass im auch ein kiter rein ist, und dieser kiter antwortet hier. das hat mMn aber nichts mit dem tödlichen unfall in almanarre zu tun

edit - zu spät

• als direkt anwesender Wassersportler während dieses tragischen Unfalls, möchte ich nur soviel sagen. Genaueres steht nicht fest. Der Kiter hat sich gestern bei der Polizei gestellt (eine windsurfende Freundin von mir hat ihn dabei begleitet). Alle anderen Spekulationen sollten speziell mit Respekt auf den verstorbenen Surfer, einfach doch nur unterlassen werden. Die Situation ist schwer zu klären, etwaige Kommentare in der örtlichen Boulevardpresse hatten nur auf etwas mit Effekthascherei zu tun und wirklich nicht zur Aufklärung bzw. zu einer sachlichen Diskussion geführt.
    Diesbezüglich gibt es im Moment genug Komments in den entsprechenden Foren.

Falls es genauere Infos gibt werde ich sie hier einstellen.

Gruss aus Almanarre